Multiples
Options

Sensitive Skin

Those with LOs with sensitive skin what do you use for sunscreen?

My DS2 has really sensitive skin. His skin routine is Aquaphor bath, aquaphor ointment and Aveeno Exzema on his face. Today I put Aveeno Baby Sunscreen on him and he broke out. What do you use? 

TIA 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sensitive Skin

• Options
    I thought there was a no sunscreen rule before 6 months? Were going to the river this month. I'm anxious to see what everyone uses.
  • Options

I have read the the American Academy of Dermatology recommends it???? Maybe I have heard wrong...please give me some insight.

We are going on vacation and we will be taking the boys out in the sun/ pool. They will have long sleeve rash guards and hats but what about their legs and face/neck? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah... If it's between sun and no sunscreen cause of a rec or sun and burning a baby... I'd go the sunscreen route too. Were gonna buy those floaties with the shade canopies for the boys.
  • Options
    I've been using Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby since the girls were 5 months. I use the bottle of lotion on their bodies and the stick (looks like a small deodorant) on their faces and ears. I figured the occassional use of sunblock was less risky than the getting burned. Evelyn has eczema too and hasn't had any reaction to this sunblock. If you have any concerns about using it on <6 months, you can call your pedi and see what they recommend.
  • Options

D has super sensitive skin to the put if someone has on too much perfume/cologne and even Dh's Grams fabric softner breaks out. We have been using Neutrogena Pure and Free sunscreen and he has been fine with it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Here's a list of sunscreens that don't have chemicals in them.  You may want to try one of these if his skin his sensitive.

https://safemama.com/cheatsheets/sunscreen/ 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"