Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Heart flutters anyone?

I don't even know how to really explain this, but I'm going to try. :)  Anyone else experience heart flutters during pregnancy?  It's like short periods of my heart beating really fast, almost like its fluttering.  It'll last a few seconds, then stop and then sometimes repeat a few times.  I mostly notice it at night before bed.  It doesn't cause any pain, just feels weird.  I was going to ask my dr about it but thought I'd ask and see if anyone else is experiencing this and see if anyone has a better way to explain it. :)  TIA!
TTC Since 2/09... BFP 12/26/09 - Missed miscarriage (6 weeks), D&C 1/28/10, BFP 4/23/10 - Miscarriage (18 wks 4 days) due to Turner's Syndrome, Delivered Lyla Ann on 7/29/10, BFP 12/10/10 - Natural miscarriage (5 weeks 6 days) 12/23/10, BFP 2/2/11 - EDD: 10/15/11 - Stick baby stick!!

Re: Heart flutters anyone?

• Options
    Nekillo posted about this yesterday--I forget the thread title but I think the gist of what her doc said was to drink a bunch of water and come in if that doesn't help.
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options

I got this earlier in my pregnancy...around 20 weeks, maybe? I asked my doctor about it and he said not to be concerned unless my heart kept racing and wouldn't stop, or if I felt short of breath along with it. It went away after a few weeks, although it still does happen from time to time, just nowhere near as much as it was before.

ETA: I'm pretty sure that the technical/medical term for this is "heart palpitations."

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    This happen to me, mostly at night, laying in bed.  I attributed it to anxiety.  (i''m Dx depression/anxiety and am medicated)  I told dr and he upped my meds...
    BFP 11/09...M/C 1/27/10...TTCAL 3/2010...IUI #1 9/2010 = BFN IUI #2 10/29/2010 = TWINS! EDD 7/25/2010 C-SECTION 7/7/11 at 37.5wks due to severe pre-eclampsia. Liliana born 6lb7oz and Anthony born 5lb4oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I get them usually in the evenings when I get into bed, or when I am lying on the couch. I asked my doctor about them last week and she said that they are totally normal in pregnancy, and they are due to an increased blood flow. She said that it helps to make sure you get up and lie down slowly. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've had this too. I am not terribly concerned about it but will bring it up with my doc when I see her next.
    After two losses, a rainbow arrived! DD born 11.5.11
    Dx with severe Asherman's syndrome after a botched PP D&C (pursuing med mal)
    Hysteroscopy Oct '13, not enough progress 
    Hysteroscopy Jan '14, given an end-of-the-road diagnosis
    Joined International Asherman's Association April '14 
    Not ready to give up yet.
    Hysteroscopy with Dr. Isaacson (an expert in the USA) 6.2.14: Good prognosis, at least 50% of cavity open.
    Repeat hysteroscopy scheduled with Dr. I on 6.16.14. Great progress. Unbenched!!!!
    Discussing actively TTC with DH after the heartache of the last year. We're both reeling.

Please, please, please. 
  • Options

Yup, I just had this happen Saturday, I actually got dizzy/motion sickness from it.  So I asked my MD, and like PP said, he said to sit back and relax and sip on some water.  He also said to take my pulse when it is happening.  If I can't read my pulse then to call him, otherwise to just relax.

It is due to more blood flow and your heart working to keep up with it all. 

It's so scary when it happens!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"