Pregnant after 35
Options

Morning OB appt .. she's talking induction

Looks like our LO will arrive earlier than expected ..

Last Friday I had my 1st NST & my pressure was elevated (163/100); my Peri prescribed rest for the weekend since I was scheduled to see my OB on Tuesday (today).  Well, this morning's reading was pretty much the same (160/102) & my OB's concern it might be the beginning stages of pre-eclampsia .. *le sigh*

She has ordered another 24hr urine collection & my 2nd NST is this Friday; pending the results I'll have 3 options:

a.  Induction on or before July 10th (39 wks)
b.  Induction on or before July 3rd (38 wks)
c.  C-section on or after June 19th (36wks)

Either way it goes she wants LO here before July 10th.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Morning OB appt .. she's talking induction

• Options
    Ugh, I am sorry!  Pre-E is scary, though.  
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Has your urine been clean so far?  Keeping my fingers crossed (or I would if they weren't so puffy, but they are mentally crossed) that your pressure levels off and normalizes so baby can cook as long as possible.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Clean so far, but with my history of chronic hypertension & now my elevated pressure readings .. my pressure readings up into this point have been great.

I feel you on the puffy fingers, I stopped wearing my right-hand ring weeks ago & this morning I couldn't put on my wedding rings Sad due to the left-hand swelling.

• Options

...at least you can still make the seafood festival in June! LOL!!  They keep airing commercials for it (here in Atlanta) and it makes me want to jump on a plane & head that way.  I LOVE seafood!!

Induction won't be so bad.  I have been induced all three times and they all went well.  Whatever gets your LO here safe & sound.  Hang in there and keep us posted on your progress.

Sorry about your swelling...I feel your pain!!

Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    GreysMommy, no seafood for me!  I had to give up boiled seafood months ago due to the sodium content which caused swelling & headaches.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"