nursing bras and tanks? — The Bump
August 2011 Moms

nursing bras and tanks?

Does anyone have experience, good or bad, with particular brands?  A friend gave me a hand-me-down Bravado bra and it's to DIE for!  But at around $50 a pop, and $50 for tanks too, I cannot imagine spending $200 for two bras and two tanks.... anyone have any comparable good brands to recommend?
Married 11/21/2009
BFP 12/4/2010
Baby Maryn was born 8/18/11
image   image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: nursing bras and tanks?

• image brobbins05:
    Does anyone have experience, good or bad, with particular brands?  A friend gave me a hand-me-down Bravado bra and it's to DIE for!  But at around $50 a pop, and $50 for tanks too, I cannot imagine spending $200 for two bras and two tanks.... anyone have any comparable good brands to recommend?

I also have all of these questions... and, if you don't mind me adding on, how many bras/tanks would you recommend getting? 

• I can't say I have really found anything I LOVE.... plus I am cheap so I can't bring myself to spend $30 or up on one bra!

I just purchased from BirthandBaby.com last week. I think they had good prices and a HUGE selection. Each bra had a little review saying if it ran small or large and some pros and cons which was very helpful. $2.00 shipping on the whole order and no restocking charge for returns.

I bought 6 for $85.00. I haven't gotten any of them yet. If I find something amazing and cheap I will be sure to post about it. But you might want to check out that site.

Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I found 2 Bravado ones that someone had returned to Target. They were only $10 each, so I scooped them up, and I love them. DH said that $40-$50 each is ok if they are that good, but I'm too frugal. I found another nursing bra at Target that I like too. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • measrnmeasrn member
    I really like Undercover Mama tanks. For me, it's easier having them clip onto my bra so that I'm not having to worry about undoing a tank and a bra :)
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Where do you find these in target?The bra area ive looked already?
  • I bought one nursing bra and two tanks from Target so far when they were on sale.  I did find them in the bra section of my Target but they were all in their own little section in there.  I was told by a friend that she lives in her nursing tanks and has a ton of them, especially when she is home alone with baby.  The ones I got have a built in shelf bra like a camisol type tank bu the front unhooks and folds down leaving the shelf bra with two holes cut out of it.  Sounds weird when I write it like that, but they are awesome! I have alrady worn one around the house while doing chores and I love it
    Not getting on the Nice List this way
  • I heard a lot of raves for the Target nursing tanks.  I tried on some a few weeks ago (they're in the bra area) and they seemed nice.  They're about $15 each.  I kept hearing that the Motherhood ones were really short but the Target ones are nice and long so you can wear them and not show belly.
  • ijackijack member

The target tanks are okay, but they won't win any prizes for most support ever. ON has some too. I haven't tried the bravado tanks, but their bras are amazing and well worth the money.

Last time I had quite a few of the cheap target tanks and then one really nice (bravado) bra and a couple other cheap ones. 

Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • I just bought 2 nursing bras and 2 sleep bras (buy 3 get 1 free) from Motherhood Maternity this weekend. They are really comfortable and I did buy the next size up (usually a B but C during pregnancy and will be a D during nursing) from previous experience with DD.

I loved wearing nursing tanks the last time and I plan on buying 3-4 of these.  Good to know that the target ones are longer. I have a long torso and absolutely hated looking like an 80's mid-rif bearing girl while trying to nurse.

BabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards