Pregnant after IF
Options

meltdown at work...

So, about an hour ago, my assistant gave her two weeks notice.  She recently got engaged and decided to go ahead and move to be closer to her fiance.  I almost cried when she gave me the news.   I knew it was coming but the wedding isn't until next April, so I wasn't expecting it before the baby came.

Then I get an email that we are switching insurance providers and the new plan year begins August 1.  And I'm probably having a c-section on August 2.   So, I started to panic and began to cry while desperately trying to scroll through the list of providers to ensure my OB is on the provider list - which he is, thank goodness. BUT:  I won't have my insurance group number or ID when I check into the hospital unless I start my campaign now, and that sucks.

I have officially hit the weepy part of pregnancy.  I have cried every single day since last Thursday. 

Re: meltdown at work...

• Options

aw sweetie, i'm so sorry :( that's a lot to hit you in one day.

hopefully your current assistant can train a replacement before she leaves so that the transition is seamless for you.

also, i had a similar insurance issue with my IVF cycle - in between my ER and my 3dt, our insurance changed. and my ER was a Friday and my ET was a monday. i remember being stressed out, but my H took care of making sure my insurance coverage was seamless. let me ask him what steps he took to make sure our clinic had all necessary information for both parts of the cycle, we didn't end up having any billing issues.

((HUGS))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageNicoleeBonsai:

let me ask him what steps he took to make sure our clinic had all necessary information for both parts of the cycle, we didn't end up having any billing issues.

((HUGS))

I would LOVE any guidance on this one.  Thank you so much!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh dear, I'm sorry this has hit you all at once. I'm sure everything will work out.
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

ok so this sounds super easy - let me tell you there were A LOT of phone calls, HR emails and tears (on my part) leading up to this.

but my H says ultimately all he had to do was call the new insurance company the morning of my ET, get the new group and member ID numbers, and then right away call the billing dept at my clinic to give them the new policy information and effective date. there were no issues.

so while your mind might be in 10 mm places the day before your baby is supposed to arrive, you might have to do this Sad. maybe you could also get them to email or fax you a temporary card if your hospital won't take your word on your coverage.

or you could speak with someone in your HR benefits dept and see if they can assist with this. but our experience was that the new insurance wouldn't have our information (new member numbers) in the system until we were actually covered by the policy.

i hope this helps sweetie, i know it will all work out. insurance issues are the WORST!

• Options
    etoyamaetoyama member
    Oh hon I'm sorry :( big ((((HUGS)))) its all going to be ok!
  • Options
    Can you move your c-section up a couple days so you dont have to deal with the hassle?  That is what I would try to do!!!  I hate switching insurance companies!  My company does it nearly every year to chase lower rates.  There always seems to be a few surprises on changes in coverage that end up pissing me off.
    TTC#2: septum removed, 2 losses, Stage 2 Endo, thin lining, slight MFI
    iui #5 2/7 + 2/8 = BFP!! 11 dpiui
    Beta #1 2/18 11dpiui= 46, Beta #2 13dpiui 150, Beta #3 16dpiui 584!!
    u/s revealed triplets! Baby B 3rd loss 8w2d. Twins! EDD 10/31/11 * c/s scheduled 10/12/11 My NEW BLOG Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think I would cry about that regardless of being pregnant, sorry it hit you all at once.

4 Clomid cycles BFN's,3 injectible cycles BFN, 3 failed IUI's
    Hystroscopy to remove cysts 11/2010
    IVF #1 with ICSI Graydon Dane born Oct. 23, 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks.
    Surprise BFP 10/9/12. Blighted ovum at 8wks. D&C 11/1/12.
    Surprise BFP#2 TWINS!!! Boy/Girl twins.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"