Babies: 0 - 3 Months

NBR: Hair catastrophy - need help

So I was in the store the other day looking for a deep hair conditioning treatment.  I found one that I never heard of before and decided to try it.  BIG MISTAKE.  I tried it this morning and it is horrible.  Despite the fact that it says it is non-greasy my hair has never been greasier.  It's like I put a jar of vasoline in my hair.  Even though my hair is completely dry, it still looks wet and if I touch my hair, I have to wash my hands afterwards because my hands get greasy.  It's gross.

I have since re-washed my hair with shampoo and it didn't help.  My hair is still really greasy.  It's like the conditioner bonded to my hair and I can't wash it out. 

Any tips or ideas for something I can wash my hair with to de-grease it and get it back to normal.

imageimageimageimage

Re: NBR: Hair catastrophy - need help

• it sounds crazy but dawn dishsoap it will strip out badness!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesalk72788:
    it sounds crazy but dawn dishsoap it will strip out badness!!

I didn't even think about dish soap but that makes sense to me.  I will try anything to get this nastyness out of my hair.  Thanks!

imageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Dish soap would be my suggestion as well. Good luck. Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm a hairstylist and I'm curious. what is the product and what are the ingredients? Maybe I can help you get better use out of it. 
  • elisbuelisbu member
    Yes, I was going to say dishsoap or even a tiny bit of laundry soap. I had a hair dress tell me to do this one time when I colored my hair too dark. He said only do it once, maybe twice, but no more.
  • Another hairstylist dying to know what the product was! LOL!

Dishsoap is horrible for your hair...especially if you started out with a dry issue. I always tell clients to keep a clarifing shampoo (usually green in color) of some kind in their cabinet just incase of things like this. It's a much safer way to strip out unwanted texture.

• On Rachael Ray yesterday they said beer is supposed to help get residue out of hair and make is soft and shiny. It's worth a try if dishsoap doesn't work. Although I think it's a waste of good beer. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"