December 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone on Zoloft?

Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone is on Zoloft right now.  Before my BFP, I was taking Prozac for my depression and anxiety.  I stopped taking it after I found out that I was pregnant.   After a couple of months, I realized that I still need something.  I asked my OB for an rx and she prescribed zoloft because she said that is what she gives her patients if they need an anti-depressant.  She said that there has been the most research on that drug during pregnancy.  My pharmacist did not recommend that I take it because it is a class c drug.  I'm just being really paranoid and wanted to see if anyone else was on it.  
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone on Zoloft?

• Options
     I've had struggles with depression and anxiety most of my life.  I can tell you that the hormones and the constant nausea and exhaustion make it worse. 

I had been on an antidepressant - lexapro since July...but when I found out I was pregnant *(total unplanned surprise) my Dr. switched me to Zoloft. Just know that if the depression is really bad, you do have options. I have spoken to my ob/gyn, my psychiatrist, my regular MD and all of said that it is safe for the baby and it is not worth putting yourself and your baby through so much unecessary emotional pain. 

I know not everyone believes in medication...I fought it at first...but I think it's the best for some of us.

I hope you feel better soon. Please feel free to talk to me if you have an ?s or anything.

BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    suze423suze423 member
    I take Zoloft and have been on 200 mg a day for the past 5 years.  My doctor wants me to start decreasing my dosage with the goal of being down to 100 mg by the time I'm about a month out from my due date.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was on Zoloft pre-pregnancy (50 mg/day) and I confirmed with my OB and primary care doctor that it's OK to take during pregnancy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"