December 2010 Moms
Options

s/o Convertible seat

wheen did you switch to  a convertible seat/  what prompted the decision
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: s/o Convertible seat

• Options
    We switched about 2 weeks ago. We did it because he is getting too long/heavy for the infant seat.
  • Options

At 2 mo old!  The hate for the infant carrier prompted me and the fact that someone had bought us the convertible and we already had it sitting in the house calling my name.  I LOVE our convertible seat so much more than the infant carrier.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We haven't switched over yet, although we've stopped carrying LO around in it.  I'm just not strong enough.

I figure the infant car seat was a pretty pricey item (just like all the other baby gear!), so i want to get as much use out of it as possible. I'm still snapping it into our stroller, too. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    He should be able to stay under 30 inches (our seat's limit) until 10 or 11 months based on how he's growing right now. I'll reevaluate at the 9 month visit. I'm not in any rush. The option to carry him out of the car when he passes out is just too valuable to get rid of at the moment.
  • Options

Our infant one should last us another 5 - 6 months but LO is starting day care in a weeks and we only have one car seat (we are a one car family) and I want to make sure my Mom can get LO in case of an emergency.

So I plan to get the convertible car seat now and install the infant one in my Mom's car.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options
    PGASTLPGASTL member
    We had borrowed our infant seat from a friend who is due in a week with her next baby, so we had to switch! I wish we still had it though, it was so nice to be able to buckle LO in and then tie up my shoes / gather my stuff before going out to the car.

• Options
    kj07kj07 member
    We plan to use ours for as long as we can - he'll probably hit the height limit before he hits the weight limit.  He's getting really heavy in it, but I love the convenience.  Also I really love our stroller frame and am not ready to make a decision about the next stroller type.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options
    imageKissyFishyLips:

We haven't switched over yet, although we've stopped carrying LO around in it.  I'm just not strong enough.;

. This is me too, we have started looking and will probably switch this month so he is more comfortable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    lrn327lrn327 member

imagerma910:
    We had borrowed our infant seat from a friend who is due in a week with her next baby, so we had to switch! I wish we still had it though, it was so nice to be able to buckle LO in and then tie up my shoes / gather my stuff before going out to the car.

Yep, this is one aspect I'll miss too.  I think we will switch in a few weeks.  LO is almost too long, and he is getting too heavy for me to carry with the seat too. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageSmores730:
    He should be able to stay under 30 inches (our seat's limit) until 10 or 11 months based on how he's growing right now. I'll reevaluate at the 9 month visit. I'm not in any rush. The option to carry him out of the car when he passes out is just too valuable to get rid of at the moment.

Yes

Us too. Sometimes L will only fall asleep on a car-ride. I don't want him taking only a 5 minute nap because I have to take him out of his seat. I want him to sleep instead of cry as I shop/eat/etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Ours just came in yesterday so DH will change it over today or sometime this week. We switched DS over at 6 months so we figured we'd do the same with her. She's getting too heavy to carry around in the infant carrier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"