Babies: 0 - 3 Months

how many oz does your baby drink?

i was told no more than 2oz every two hours.... Kyson sucks it down and is still hungry... hes 8 weeks old tomorrow and i was wondering how much your little ones are drinking each feeding and how many weeks they are?? thanks for your help!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: how many oz does your baby drink?

• I think my LO is eating 1-1.5 oz each feeding. 
  • Jack was 8 weeks yesterday and if he has a bottle it is generally 4 oz and he eats about every 2 hours. I bf as well and I have no idea how much he us getting. I just watch for his cues and feed him until he is not hungry anymore.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • my LO drinks 3 oz every 3-4 hours....he was almost 10 lbs at birth though. He's my big boy! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • my LO eats 4-5 oz every 2-3 hours. shes 7 weeks old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • DD is 11 wks now and eats 4.5 oz of EBM before bed. She is otherwise bf'd. At 8 wks she was probably eating 3.5 or 4. And sleeping 9-10 hrs. She eats about every 2.5 hrs during the day.   

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• elisbuelisbu member

2 oz every 2 hours at 8 weeks does not sound like enough. it sounds like that was a good starting point. Now i would increase as he needs. offer 3 oz next time and see how much he takes.

My LO takes about 3 oz every 3 hours and whil she's 7 weeks, her adjusted age is 3 weeks.

• DD will be 9 weeks old tomorrow and she is up to 5 oz every 3-3.5 hours.   When she was born our pedi said to feed them what they wanted as long as they kept it down.  Another thing we have heard is they can eat 1/2 their body weight in ounces so if baby is 10 lbs then 5 oz every 3-4 hours (she will sometimes go four hours but seems to be hungry every 3-3 1/2.  And she is sleeping through the night from around 9:30-10:00pm until 6-7am.)   and I've read they should eat approx. 2.5 ounces per pound of body weight a day.  So if baby was 10lbs 10x2.5 = 25 ounces per day...something like that, if you google it they have formula calculators.

Generally you should be able to go a lot more than 2 hours. Our pedi told us from the start if we stuck to 2 hours for very long then we would have trouble getting them to sleep through the night because they would want to eat every 2 hours.  Although during growth spurts they eat ALL the time, around the clock and we just had one at 8 weeks right after her shots.

• BLM10BLM10 member
    I really think you need to offer more, especially if he still seems hungry. DS is 7 weeks today and will take 4 ounces from a bottle.
  • 2 oz at 8 weeks does not sound like enough at all.

I breastfeed so I don't know how much he gets during that but when he gets a bottle he eats 4 oz. He'll be 8 weeks on Thursday.

• C is two weeks and takes about 4 oz every 3-4 hours. The pedi said today to feed her till she didn't act hungry as long as she kept it down.
  • Saw our pedi for the first time yesterday and he said our LO should be drinking 20oz a day.   She typically drinks 3oz per feeding and she's almost 2 weeks old.
  • Lilly will be 9 wks tomorrow and drinks 4-6 every 2-3 hrs.
  • My LO takes 3oz every 2-3 hours. It may be less when he's on the boob but I do know when DH gives him a bottle of BM he takes 3oz.
     Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thank yall for ur help!!!! im definitely going to try more!!
  • mmkayemmkaye member

Kai is eating 3 oz every 3ish hours.  Sometimes he only goes 2 hours, but other times he stretches out to 4 hours.

Edited to add:  I also breastfeed and did a weighed feeding with the LC and he also took about 3 oz then.

• My Baby Boy will be a month old on Sunday and he take 3.5oz every four hours.
    Photobucket
    aCg 3.1.07 | hCr 5.5.11
  • 9 weeks old and he drinks 4-6 oz every 2-4 hours of breast milk.
  • my baby is 6 weeks and she eats between 25-30 oz a day. it varies what she eats at a feeding. sometimes she eats 3 oz sometimes 2 and sometimes 4 oz. and she eats every 2-4 hours, except when going through growth spurt. my dr. said to call if she eats less than 2 oz at 3 consecutive feedings.
  • she also usually sleeps about 6 hours straight at night before waking. i used to worry about waking my baby up to feed but my sister said she let her lo sleep and she woould sleep 8-9 hours at night. rught now my neice is almost 8 months old and 19 lbs so they will gain weight and be fine as long as they are eating.

• Evan is 8 weeks old and is eating 4 oz every 3 hours.  He gets 5oz for his bottle right before bed and will go a 4-5 hour stretch from there. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"