February 2011 Moms
Options

OMGGG the heat...

Disclaimer: I am not one of those northerners who sits around b!tching about the winter. I love, love, love winter.

I am hating this heat we've been having lately. I know that many of you are from areas that get far warmer than western NY but high 80s and 90s, especially before June, is pushing it for me. Not to mention it's so stinking humid on top of it. 

DD isn't liking it, and the dog hates it because he can't exercise (and we've had to cancel training a few weeks in a row). 

Oh, and we only have on AC unit. And it's for the chinchillas. Huh?

Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: OMGGG the heat...

• Options
    I LOVE the heat! When we left the hotel in Tampa, FL last Fri. @ 4:30am, it was already 77deg! It was GREAT.  Here in San Diego, it's usually around that for the day's high- and if it's overcast, it's far too cool to get in the pool. Pooo!
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Options

Right now it is 91 degrees with 44% humidity in NW Louisiana. Thursday the high is 104. I perfer a little cold, but probably not what you are getting in NY! I get pissy if we get two inches of snow here. The entire city shuts down like nobody has ever seen it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we're in the 90's this week. I hate it! I love the 80's and I love winter. The 90's and higher, not so much
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

I think it's impacting me more than usual because in previous years I would just go do work with the chinchillas as an "excuse" to be in the AC... now that DD is here, I can't just spend my entire afternoon with my rodents. Stick out tongue

And we had no spring this year... winter held on like a vice grip, and once it finally went away it was so hot and humid. Usually we can transition from 20s to 80s but this year it was like an instant changeover. 

Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I hate the heat...well when its too hot! Today was 101 and tomorrow...104! Which means we are pretty much stuck in the house...Angry
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Haha, I don't feel any sympathy for you!  Northerners have no clue what's it's like to live in this insane heat AND humidity for close to 4 months STRAIGHT!  Just like us Southerners have no idea how to deal with the bitter cold and snow!  Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well, I know the feeling. It's already balls hot here. I hate when I go to get in my car in the morning and I break a sweat doing it. The high for the next 3 days is 96. Shoot me.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options

imageTiffanyTheMom:
    I LOVE the heat! When we left the hotel in Tampa, FL last Fri. @ 4:30am, it was already 77deg! It was GREAT.  Here in San Diego, it's usually around that for the day's high- and if it's overcast, it's far too cool to get in the pool. Pooo!

Tiffany you were in Tampa! Dang it would've been so fun to gtg and post pics! I'm such a loser I don't keep up with the board enough! Well I hope you enjoyed our little city. I hate the heat personally but I hate the snow too (I'm from New York) lol.  I like our weather between October - right about December. After that believe it or not it gets too cold for me lol. I like to stay right in the 70-80 range! 

Nicole, Mommy to baby Jordan Santiago born 3-31-06 and Isabella Grace born 1/28/2011 image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I second the down on humidity.  Heat is fine, it's the humidity that sucks things.  But of course, I like in Ohio, so I'll have humidity all year and feel like dying lol

Stinks that last week we were down in the 30s at night and now we're up to almost 100 out of nowhere for 2 days strait.  I would appreciate the 80s, tho.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"