June 2011 Moms

pineapple

I'm eating pineapple as I type this....lets see if this old wives tale is true.  June 1st sounds like a great birthday. LOL
BKP__Levi's One Year_0032_CDBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: pineapple

• I ate a pineapple and a papaya EVERY week during the second trimester because they are supposed to help with digestion/heartburn issues.  Definitely helped my heartburn a bit and baby stayed safe and snug inside me.  Maybe it will make a difference if you're about to go into labor soon anyway though :)
  • I ate some last week just because it sounded good....nothing happened for me.  I have heard that it can give you loose stool if you're not careful though......so don't eat too much! ;)  
  • Loading the player...
  • cvl105cvl105 member
    I've eaten a LOT of pineapple this pregnancy. I don't trust any of those "eat this to induce labor" OWTs.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • keaonakeaona member

Hope it works for you,  I have eaten 3 pineapples in 4 days and nothing. 

Oh the things we do to have these babies.  

• I'm not sure I believe all the OWTs either but I can tell you I had a major craving for pineapple the other day and it did absolutely nothing for me despite eating it 2 days in a row. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love pineapple and have been eating a ton of it lately, not even knowing until now that it was an OWT. Baby is still comfy inside of me. ;)

• imagekeaona:

Hope it works for you,  I have eaten 3 pineapples in 4 days and nothing. 

Oh the things we do to have these babies.  

Whoa that's a lot of pineapple. (not judging at all) Has it affected your stomach at all?

Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • WymasaWymasa member
    I ate a whole pineapple the other day and nada. I just did it because I'm really into fruit right now.  I ate a ton of watermelon today. Hopefully it works for you :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • redsheredshe member

I read the other day that you have to eat at least pineapples for it to work.  I just copied and pasted it from the website Big Smile  Hope it works either way.

Eating pineapple

Pineapple contains the enzyme bromelain which is thought to help to soften the cervix and so bring on labour.

Is it safe?
    There is no evidence to say whether it is safe or not. Each pineapple contains only very small amounts of bromelain so you would need to eat as many as seven to have any effect. The most likely side-effect of eating large amounts of pineapple would be a severe case of the runs.

Does it work?
    Some cultures swear by it but there is a lack of research into whether it really works. Regardless of this, eating large quantities of pineapple is likely to stimulate the gut and bowel and, as with castor oil, could kick-start the uterus into action by that means.

How do I try it?
    The pineapple must be fresh: bromelain is destroyed by the process of canning or juicing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've eaten pineapple almost every day during the pregnancy, I just love fresh pineapple! I also have had eggplant a couple of times. None of it is working! LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecvl105:
    I've eaten a LOT of pineapple this pregnancy. I don't trust any of those "eat this to induce labor" OWTs.

Don't lie... you were trying to have a preemie baby at 26 weeks! Wink

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • The post title made me smile. Pineapple sounds great right now! I remember a post like a month ago where they were trying it and it didn't work for them-just cleaned them out.

Hopefully it works better for you!

• Aaaaah... It seems like only yesterday I was reading on the TTC boards about how pineapple would help with implantation!!!

It's a yummy snack but I have little faith in it's ability to get a baby to stick to your uterus or to make one come out of it lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Haha. I did the pineapple core to help with implantation, too!! Of course, that wasn't the time I got pregnant... but in many ways it does seem like yesterday. It also feels like I've been pregnant for five years, depending on the minute you ask me.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"