June 2011 Moms

if one more person....

tells me that I look "bigger" than last time they saw me- (My nail lady that I see once a week)...I am going to cry.  I get it, I am HUGE now.  I am all belly. I must look ridiculous- but I have two weeks left till my due date, and I just want to be left alone!  

How do you guys deal with the comments and this feeling? I am used to being the tiny girl, not the HUGE monster in the room! hahahaah.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!!!!!! 

Re: if one more person....

• I think I must be really lucky, because all my co-workers who make comments like that immediately follow it up with "and you're SO CUTE!".

Either they love me more than I thought, or they're afraid of me!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

And Then There Were Three...
    Married: 08/14/10
    Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
    June Moms Blog
  • It doesn't bother me...I surely am bigger than the last time anyone saw me. You're 9+ months pregnant -- you're supposed to be big! :)

• Loading the player...
  • They don't bother me.  We are supposed to be huge now :)  I just laugh with the people making the comments because, let's face it, we are pretty oddly shaped these days!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am with you.  This past weekend, a lady says "honey you look 4 months overdue, but you look so cute". . .well gee thanks. 
  • It really doesn't both me that much. You're close to the end, we'll be done soon!

• lynn97lynn97 member
    Eh, like gym said, we're supposed to be big now so it really doesn't bother me.  I get this all...the...time, though and have for several weeks. I am guessing that you and I are built similar, OP. I'm very petite and all belly. So when people (even our good friends) see me, they are just shocked at how huge my belly is.  Just roll w/it as there's not much else you can do.  We'll be little again soon enough :-)
  • 11kacey11kacey member

My friend's eyes about popped out of their sockets when she saw me last.. but it was funny! I loved seeing her real reaction to my belly! It made me laugh. I am getting bigger.. we all are and basically, unless people say 'you look amazing' there is nothing safe. If they try and be polite and tell you how tiny you look, people take offense, if they are honest and say 'wow, you've gotten bigger' which we all have, we all gasp in horror at their rudeness.

Seriously, people can't catch a break. 

I honestly don't think ANYONE means anything by their comments, they just slip out. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • thanks for keeping me in check.  I know this shouldn't bother me. I am going to make a bigger effort to blow these types of comments off!
  • This really bothered me up until the last week or so. At this point, I agree that I am huge. A few weeks ago, I didn't think the comments were warranted, so I definitely shed a few tears :) Hang in there - it's almost over!
  • I work in two different schools - so spanning K-12 - I consider myself to be a spectacle and expected silly comments from the little ones...OH NO - the seniors in high school are like GEE are you sure you're not having TWINS! WTH! 

From most adult women I get wow youre not that big for 39 weeks! ANd from these kids they're like YOURE HUGE! LOL 

I laugh it off - hope you can too hun...we are about to pop and begin the return to normal selves soon :)  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • My newest one is coworkers looking at my ankles and saying "Giiiiiiirrrrrllllll........".  Yes, this has happened multiple times. It's actually my fault for wearing a skirt!  Cankles out in full force.
  • I was asked by the receptionist at my office today if I was sure there is "just one in there" today. I just had to giggle, I know I'm huge!
  • If it makes you feel better not only do I get told how huge I look but also my own grandma called me fat at least 3 times at my baby shower.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers Met my soulmate 3/18/2006, married him 9/26/2009 Baby L 11/06 Natural M/C Baby L 2.0 9/08 Natural M/C Lily 6/2/11 6 lbs 12oz
  • Sorry Sad The comments bother me too (in fact I just posted about this on Sunday!). I don't know why people have to say that and why they can't just say something positive. So frustrating. Hang in there!
  • I'm with ya!  I'm just trying to tell myself that there's not that much longer and trying not to think about it.  My son's pediatrician even asked me if there was "just one baby".  Plus the stares as I walk in a room are annoying.  Ugh.  Makes me feel like staying in if I can.  Just keeping my eyes on the countdown!  

• I try to look at it positively. MY bely being big means LO is getting ready to come.

Also...I remember something funny. Last week I had on my brightly colored bathing suit and dared a look in the full length mirror. I busted out laughing when I realized my belly looked like a painted Easter egg!

• I'm starting to get these comments to, but I find that they are coming from people that are overweight themselves or have yet to loose their baby weight.  As much as I don't want to hear it, I think that it is their issue.  I'm trying really hard to just let it roll off my back.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"