Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

How's your 7 month old sleeping?

D was STTN.  Now, not so much.  I'm not sure if its growth spurt or teething or that we weened from the swaddle wrap, or all of the above. 

But its getting so old.

Any advice is welcome.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How's your 7 month old sleeping?

• Options
    she sleeps like crap. She wakes up every 2 1/2 hours to eat. We're weaning now I can't take it anymore. I think it's a growth spurt but who the hell knows!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine's not quite 7 months yet but he went from STTN to going to bed at 11/midnight and waking up at 4 or 5 AM.  So sad!  Sorry I don't have advice though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    From about 3 months on he would wake up anywhere from 1-3 times a night.  Every so often he would STTN.  Just a few days ago he woke up screaming and would not eat and all he wanted to do was cuddle and chew on my finger.  Whatdaknow I think a tooth is popping up.  For the past 3 or 4 nights he's been sleeping 10 hours straight.  I know I just jinxed myself tonight though...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Mine is STTN but he refuses to nap at all during the day.  We try and start bedtime around 7 and he is so overtired that it is usually close to 9 before we get him down.  Sorry no advise but I feel your pain!

• Options

Luke has been going to bed around 9ish and getting up for the day around 6ish. He gets up once, usually between 4-5. We used get pick him up, rock him back to sleep, and ever so gently put him back in the crib. We recenly started going in, giving him a pacifier, and walking out. It works almost every time.

Perhaps trying a pacifier might help. We sneak into his room and try not to let him see us then put the pacifier in.

Good luck!

• Options
    Jane is getting 2 teeth in and she is sleeping horribly.
  • Options
    bmqcmgbmqcmg member
    Juliana sleeps really good at night but her naps are getting really bad. She use to wake up happy but now she wakes up and cries. It's harder to get her down and it's harder to keep her down.

DD - Juliana Joan - Born October 27, 2010 - My Little Princess

BFP 1/14/13 - M/C 1/22/13 @ 5 weeks

BFP 3/20/13 - EDD 11/11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

At 7 months Z was sleeping from 8pm until 7am.  He would nap from 9:30am-11am and from 2pm-4pm.

He is a good sleeper and a good eater.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~
  • Options

James sleeps like crap too now. He used to STTN from 6:00pm to 4am then eat and go back to sleep until 8am. Now he is up at midnight, 2, 4 6 and then up for the day at 8. I know he was teething and they still aren't all the way up, but I sure do miss the good night sleep I used to get. Last night he woke up at 1am SCREAMING and he refused to nurse so I had to rock him until he calmed down a little and pumped him full of pain reliever... NOT. FUN.

It's good to see I'm not alone!

• Options
    imageTheBuddha:

At 7 months Z was sleeping from 8pm until 7am.  He would nap from 9:30am-11am and from 2pm-4pm.

He is a good sleeper and a good eater.

I know I shouldn't be jealous because Evan really isn't a bad sleeper, but dayum I wish he would get some tips from Z!

• Options

DD STTN until about 6 months now she goes to bed at 6:30pm (same time has not changed), but is waking at 4am for a bottle. Luckly once she has finished the bottle she goes right back to sleep and does not wake up until 6:30am. So she is getting a good 11-12 hours in at night.

She is still napping great, which is awesome.

I remember DS going through something similar at this age and it took about two months to pass.  

Photobucket
  • Options
    3 catnaps, waking up every 3-3.5 hours at night. NOT GOOD! I miss STTN!
  • Options

imagecndmexbaby:
    3 catnaps, waking up every 3-3.5 hours at night. NOT GOOD! I miss STTN!

Love your siggy. lol

• Options
    we JUST got over this, WHATEVER it was. it was terrible. V is now sleeping 7:30/8-/7. It was terrible, torturous, and almost ended in tears for the both of us. all i can say is, it will get better!

The Mob Boss 
    Birth: 10lbs 11oz, 21.5 inches <> 1 mo: 14lbs 7oz, 23.5 inches
    2mo: 18lbs 15oz, 25.5 inches <> 4mo: 26lbs 8oz, 27.5 inches6mo: 29lbs 8oz, 30 inches <> 9mo: 32lbs, 32 inches12 mo: 37lbs, 34.5 inches <> 15 mo: 38lbs 6 oz, 36 inches. 20.5 inch noggin18 mo: 43lbs, 37.75 inches 21 inch head2yr: 47 lbs, 42 inches. 21.5 inch head. Woah.  

imageimage
  • Options
    E was sleepng 10 hours at night, 45 minutes in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon.  Now we are down to about 8.5 at night and fighting every nap like her life depended on it!  And about 1-2 times a week we are up most of the night.  I'm worn out!
  • Options
    BeachMBeachM member

We had a rough patch around 6 to 6.5 months but now he's STTN.  He dropped his last overnight feeding (generally around 4am) around 2 weeks ago.

ETA:  I went against popular opinion and nap trained at 4.5 months and I also do not go in his room at night anymore (of course I go in if something's wrong though).  He has 3 pacis in his crib and is a pro at finding them and putting them back in.  He hasn't needed me at night in weeks now, and it got better once I stopped rushing into his room every time he made a peep. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"