October 2011 Moms

So I had a temper tantrum

and slammed the door so hard that I cracked the paint near the wall.  This was about 2 months ago, maybe more.  Well I have been kicking myself because I knew the color was discontinued and that meant that I would have to paint the room a different color or do an accent wall.  Well today I was in Home Depot with my mom and she was taking forever looking for something so on a whim I asked the guy at the paint desk if he could look up a discontinued color.  I told him what I thought the color was called and he found it!  He mixed it in one of the little sample jars they have.  So for the very little I have to paint because of my tantrum I only had to spend $4 instead of the $80 it would have cost to paint the whole room!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So I had a temper tantrum

• Haha I hate feeling that way after throwing a temper tantrum. At least it ended positively :)
  • I'm kinda jealous that you were able to slam the door that hard...whenever I want to slam a door the wind catches it or something 'cause it doesn't even slam! Just shuts hard
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Slings at Nurtured Family
  • Loading the player...
  • I was a master door slammer in HS, my parents even took my door off at one point, but I never managed to crack a wall. New goal in life.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not only is that fixable, it's cheap! I slammed my bedroom door months and months ago and, because the summer heat had made it swell and my DH shaved down the side so that it would close again without sticking, it was just *slightly* too thin.... and it passed the door jam and swung out the other direction! I ruined the door and the jam and now the door wiggles even when closed :(
  • New goal- break things unintentionally when ticked off...

Side note: most paint stores have a way of matching colors, so if they couldn't find the recipe, you might have been able to bring in a swatch and they could match it.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"