Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Anyone that has weaned. ?

I've decided that I'm going to slowly start weaning Kayden. 8 months is long enough to have the bewbs out on loan and I'm ready to have my body back.

My question is - if you are supposed to replace one feeding every 3-4 days, does that literally mean every feeding? K is still nursing every 2- 2 1/2 hours. How do I figure out which feedings to drop?

I hope my question makes sense. I'm just anxious about weaning. I don't want to blow up like two water balloons on steroids.

BabyFetus Ticker 
harry potter addict. fiber obsessed. 
|| KP 10.04.10 || EA 04.28.12 || LC expected 8.29.14 ||
my bfp chart: Bebeh Fluff's Chart

Re: Anyone that has weaned. ?

• well, since I'm new to this too what I did this morning was the second feeding of the day I gave her formula. That way my first feeding of the day emptied me from overnight and won't cause me to be too engorged.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagetmac1022:
    well, since I'm new to this too what I did this morning was the second feeding of the day I gave her formula. That way my first feeding of the day emptied me from overnight and won't cause me to be too engorged.

Sounds good. I was thinking about replacing the "meal" itself but if I got uncomfortable I could always just let K nurse for a bit. I'm not in a rush to get it over with. I'm just ready to start the process. 

BabyFetus Ticker 
    harry potter addict. fiber obsessed. 
    || KP 10.04.10 || EA 04.28.12 || LC expected 8.29.14 ||
    my bfp chart: Bebeh Fluff's Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Like PP mentioned it works pretty well to start replacing nursing sessions with formula feedings for middle of the day feedings.  Whichever one fits your and your LO best is fine.  As I started dropping more sessions I spread them out so that I was still nursing between formula feedings instead of putting two formula feedings back to back.  The first feeding of the day was the second to last nursing session for me to drop and the very last one of the night was my last one to drop.  I last nursed on Friday and I'm feeling pretty good so far.  It took me 3 weeks to wean by dropping one nursing session every few days.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"