February 2012 Moms

When are you telling work?

When are you telling your boss/company/work that you are KU?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When are you telling work?

• I'm trying to wait until I hit 2nd tri, but if something comes up where they are going to schedule me for something I won't be able to do because I'll be on Mat leave or too pregnant to travel or something like that, then I'll fess up....

I was having the hardest time not blurting it to my manager who I was having a nice talk to and asked how things were outside of work (I gave him the heads up when we started the IUI since there were going to be some possible conflicts last minute for monitoring and whatnot) so he knows I might be Stick out tongue.  Ugh! 

Now if I could just get the call from my nurse and my Beta numbers, life would be good!

TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• If I end up with bad m/s then I might tell my boss soon so he won't think I'm slacking.  :)  Otherwise, I'm trying to wait until after the 1st tri.

bfp#1 2/1/11 ~ natural m/c 2/21/11 (7w2d)
    bfp#2 5/26/11 ~ missed m/c dx @ 10w (7w3d) ~ d&c 7/14/11
    bfp#3 5/2/12 ~ baby elijah arrived 1/14/13!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hopefully not until 12 weeks or so - I'm eligible for a promotion and it would be great to get it now, the maternity benefits are much better!  The timing could get tricky though if I'm interviewing in a couple of months, I won't know if I should tell them up front or wait until I accept the offer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jobiannjobiann member
    Definitely not until at least 12 weeks. Maybe longer!!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Definitely not until the 2nd tri.
  • For me, probably after my first appointment and beta's. With my previous loss, I ended up needing a week out of work. So, just with my past experiences, I feel the need to be up front.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Lena122Lena122 member
    I'm probably going to tell around 8 weeks. I'd prefer to wait as long as possible but since I work in law enforcement sooner is better than later. It sucks because I'd really like to wait until 2nd Tri since I'm not really friends with many coworkers (so I don't feel the need to celebrate with them) but I just don't want to risk anything.
  • I don't want to but I may have to tell my immediate supervisor really soon. I've already had like three appointments at the med unit and now have to go across town for a urine culture and a blood draw. If this was a "regular" job I might be able to avoid telling but being part of the embassy community - things become more obvious a whole lot sooner because we work, live and socialize together. I think it might be better to have her empathy and support than to have her giving me the major side eye.
    Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• I am going to wait until the second trimester to tell my co-workers. I plan on telling my supervisor after my first appointment since i will have to take time off to go to doctor's visits.
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not really sure.  Part of me says wait unitl 2nd tri - but I don't want to end up with awful morning sickness and have them think I'm being lazy or something.  I only work 3 days a week so it's not like there is really anything pending, so I might just tell them after my first apt... which I need to schedule...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 5.31.2011 ~*~ Michael Joseph ~*~ BORN 2.8.2012
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagejldubb0626:
    For me, probably after my first appointment and beta's. With my previous loss, I ended up needing a week out of work. So, just with my past experiences, I feel the need to be up front.

I'm with you on this one. I was out of work for a few days after my loss as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"