Blended Families
Options

Silly dillema about tomorrows pickup

For the time being I will be doing Friday pickups because of DHs new work schedule. It's not that I mind getting SS, but dealing with BM stresses me out.

Anyway...we're "not allowed" to park in their driveway. In fact, their cars are always parked side by side at the very. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and hope there is another reason they do that besides just us. I will have no choice but to park in the street in front of their house. It's a residential street, so it's not terribly busy, but still. So should I

a Take DD out of her carseat, take her up to the front door just to get SS, and then get both kids into their seats or

b just leave DD in the car.

I hate leavnig kids in the car for any reason, so I'm not sure how I feel about this, or realyl why I feel like maybe I should just leave her there. I think I just want in and out of there as quick as possible. lol

Thoughts?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Silly dillema about tomorrows pickup

• Options
    I use having DS in the car as an excuse to either beep or call and have them send SS out.  That way, there's little to no interaction!
  • Options

I used to just take DD out of the car unless she was zonked out asleep and hadn't had a good nap. Even then I'd leave the back door open in case I had to run and grab her quickly in an emergency. I would also leave the car running and the parking brake engaged (you know, in case a 6 month old managed to learn how to get out of her car seat, crawl towards the front, take the car out of park and press on the gas, lol).

But DH used to laugh at me for taking her to the dront door, but what can I say, I'm a bit paranoid, lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When BM lived with superdouche, their home was in a shared driveway. I would park literally 3 ft from their porch so I left DD in the car and would knock. Now she lives in an apt and 3 flights of stairs up. I text her and tell her I'm downstairs and that the baby is sleeping. lol. I would tell H to call (e-mail) ahead and tell her you will be beeping the horn due to DD being in the car.

ETA: I live in Las Vegas, you never know what can happen. Even in the nicest of neighborhoods. I wouldn't be comfortable (personally) leaving my daughter in the car at the curb, ESPECAILLY with the car running. But again, I live in a very different world than a lot of people. I wouldn't dream of walking in my house without locking the door, or anything of that nature. I cary mace with me at all times. We live in a very nice upscale community at that. (Not to toot my horn, but we do. Just trying to get teh point across that you can't trust anyone here)You just never know.

Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • Options

imageslatertq2:
    I use having DS in the car as an excuse to either beep or call and have them send SS out.  That way, there's little to no interaction!

I like that idea!

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I usually leave my DSs in the car as long as I can see the car, I'm within 15ish ft, and it's not too hot. I always have my keys with me. Usually I meet BM's BF at a gas station halfway. I've only gone to their house a few times. I hate their driveway so I park on the street. Both BM and I live in very small towns where you could leave your front door unlocked all night and your keys in the car without any problem. The town where we meet is like this as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'd say if you can see your car clearly from BMs front door to leave DD in the car, take the keys with you and lock her in.

Less hassle for you and your DH won't have to listen to BM b*tch about you honking from the street.

Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
  • Options

Yes, I would make BM bring SS out. But I am the kind of person who hauls DD into the gas station so i can buy a pop, or i dont stop at all. I have a hard time leaving DD in the car, period.  I just imagine a baby snatcher coming along. I'm paranoid!

We meet half way though, its pretty easy for us.

• Options
    If it is a short walk I would be fine leaving the baby in there but take the keys and lock the doors.  Or take her out.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options

superdouche?? i love it!!! lmfao!  Yes, honk the horn or call when you get there.... have the SK come out... no reason for any interaction with the crazy BM.  i have one of those to deal with...if is is a scheduled drop off time...they should be waiting for you to show up anyways.......this coo-coo BM is NOT allowed to park in my driveway.....the CO says "curbside dropoff" and thats what it is.......

"loving motherhood and my precious baby girl . . . "
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"