Babies: 9 - 12 Months

If you take a BCP...

Can you recommend one that helps keep hormonal acne under control, causes very little mood swings or none at all, and doesn't lower your libido? So far i've tried YAZ (made me very grumpy) and Tri Sprintec (could go all year without sex and not care). Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you take a BCP...

• imagelaubeth87:
    Can you recommend one that helps keep hormonal acne under control, causes very little mood swings or none at all, and doesn't lower your libido? So far i've tried YAZ (made me very grumpy) and Tri Sprintec (could go all year without sex and not care). Thanks!

This is what I am on.

• I think most BCP have a side effect of reducing acne.  Some of them just made it a marketing tool.  I liked Yasmin a lot before I was pregnant.  Now I am on Loestrin 24 and like that too.

• Loading the player...
  • levora
    Taylor Leanne Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
  • msm261msm261 member
    I am on LoEstrin 24 and haven't had a period in six months.  So either this is the best pill ever or you'll see me on the next episode of "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant."  No other side effects to speak of either. 
  • imagemsm261:
    I am on LoEstrin 24 and haven't had a period in six months.  So either this is the best pill ever or you'll see me on the next episode of "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant."  No other side effects to speak of either. 

I was on LoEstrin and same thing--no period, which freaked me out too much. Also, I was having night sweats and couldn't care less about sex, so I just stopped taking it.

OP if you find something you like, please let me know :)

• RoxpupRoxpup member
    pre-preg I loved ortho tricyclen lo, but I'm not sure if that reduces acne ro not. 

PP, I've been on Tri Sprintec and I also could go all year without sex and not care.  Literally, since giving birth, we've had sex 6 or 7 times.  I also have been having mood swings, but I have PPD so I'm not sure if that's the reason for the mood swings, or if it's from the BCP (or if it's the combination of the two). 

If I miss some pills, I start to want have sex again (that's how I realize that I missed them, haha).  Not like it matters if I miss them :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"