Breastfeeding
Options

Ques. re: cutting out milk

just curious if when you were told to cut out dairy, if you went all out at the beginning, or if you started with just the main stuff - milk, cheese, yogurt.  I read online that milk is in pretty much everything, and I really dont want to have to go shopping for 'milk free' food when it may not be what's causing it.  Also, what did you substitute your regular milk with? Soy? Almond? Rice?  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ques. re: cutting out milk

• Options
    I eliminated it all. Milk is in a lot of things but there's generally always a substitute. I would not use soy as about 50% of babies w/ milk issues have soy issues as well, all of mine did. I really like chocolate almond milk for drinking. Plain rice milk isn't bad for cereal. Vanilla almond milk isn't bad either for cereal but it can be really sweet. Vance's Dari Free is good but you have to mix it like formula so it's too much work for me, lol. Things like Oreos and Duncan Hines cakes are milk free. Big Smile
    Jennifer, wife, CPST, birth Doula, LPN to BSN student, and 3x VBAC mama to AJ (8, Evan (7), Ilana (5),Olivia (2), and 8/24/12!
  • Options
    ditto pp, I ended up going to rice milk after finding that LO was also sensitive to soy and nuts.  I wish I had just tried the rice milk from the beginning because it's my favorite of all of them (I tried coconut milk, too).  I love either the original or vanilla, and love that I can drink it from a glass just like cow's milk. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"