March 2011 Moms
Options

wow DH. just wow

I know I'm not alone in the issues I experience with my DH...I think I've even shared a few of those frustrations on this board with you guys (hahaha), but this will not be one of those rants. I want to shout off the rooftop that I think he's finally getting it! It's not that he wouldn't be willing to help, but he just never offered. I can't tell you how many times I heard, "she's wet." Well get up and change her!!! For the past 2-3 weeks, he has been taking on more responsibility, insistent on holding her, playing with her, helping me with household duties, etc. It's so surreal...where is my husband and what has been done to him? LOL. I praised all of his efforts and he simply said, "it's easier now because she's older and more interactive." A good point I suppose. I feel like freedom has finally descended upon me! Anyone else's DH finally getting it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: wow DH. just wow

• Options

Yay for you!!!  That is really good news.  I experienced a little of this- more that DH did a complete 180 when DD was born.  Before she was born, I practically had to beg for him to do his part around the house but now he either does without me saying anything or does it the first time I mention it.  It's wonderful!  I'm sure that's a lot easier for you now!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicInternational Nestie!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mine did laundry for the first time since ds was born. It's a start!  Granted, he's been painting a lot so that's a lot of work.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH has always been great about helping out but i have noticed that now we are officially in the roles of provider/sahm  im totally in charge of dinner and cleaning and laundry whereas before DD was born we kind of shared all that.  but i don't mind.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"