Houston Babies

Babies and passports?

If I am traveling with my 5 month old baby on a domestic flight does she need a passport?  If not, what do I use for her ID, her birth certificate?

TIA!

Re: Babies and passports?

• Just her birth certificate. Depending on what airline you use, they may not even ask to see it. We always fly Southwest, and when it was obvious that DD was under 2 (the age cutoff for a lap child), they never asked. And now that she is ticketed, they never ask either. I think I had to show it to them once, when we flew with her as a lap child shortly before she turned 2.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just took shot records.

• Loading the player...
  • You can either do shot records or birth certificate.  Call the specific airline you are flying just to verify.  I was freaking out when we flew with DS around 3 months b/c I hadn't gotten his BC, yet - but SWA just said to bring the shot records. 

I would definitely bring whatever documention they say, though.  Even if they are obviously under 2 y/o, you never know when they decide that the lack of documentation is enough for you to have to purchase a ticket.

• kj07kj07 member

We brought B's birth certificate.  On the way out there was no problem.  One the flight home, the airline agent acted like she was going to call the gestpo if we didn't produce his birth certificate right. now.  And he was even ticketed (and only 11 weeks old).

If your babe was born in Houston, they offer a wallet sized birth certificate - it's actually too big to fit in a credit card slot, but it's small enough to fit in a larger coin purse (if that makes sense).  It was much easier to travel with than a full-sized birth certificate.  

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • imagekj07:

We brought B's birth certificate.  On the way out there was no problem.  One the flight home, the airline agent acted like she was going to call the gestpo if we didn't produce his birth certificate right. now.  And he was even ticketed (and only 11 weeks old).

If your babe was born in Houston, they offer a wallet sized birth certificate - it's actually too big to fit in a credit card slot, but it's small enough to fit in a larger coin purse (if that makes sense).  It was much easier to travel with than a full-sized birth certificate.  

Yep, I got one of the wallet sized ones.  Thanks for everyones help! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"