Babies on the Brain
Options

Drs Appt Today

Zach's weight is down from 6lb 15oz to 6lb 5oz. We have another appointment for a weight check on Friday. If it's any lower then, we'll be forced to do some sort of supplementation.

Fingers crossed that my milk decides to come in before then. If anyone has suggestions on how to make that happen faster, I'm up for anything at this point.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Mmmm...cake! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Drs Appt Today

• Options
    no suggestions but just a wish of good luck.
  • Options

We had to supplement and it's nothing to beat yourself up about.  

Even with supplementing at the beginning (and when she's at daycare) I'm still BF and don't plan on stopping any time soon.  

I'm sure everything will work out fine.  

And like I said, don't feel bad about having to supplement.  You are doing the best you can and if you have to use formula to feed your baby then you have to use formula.  

Katie got so much happier when she wasn't so hungry all the time! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No advice, but just wanted to say Zach is beautiful. And I'm crossing fingers that he just had an early growth spurt!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mmkayemmkaye member

I hope your milk comes in in time.  I almost had to supplement that first week, but my milk did come in and I was able to pump since Kai was too weak and sleepy to latch. 

But don't beat yourself up about supplementing if you have to.  I had to three days ago and it broke my heart, but hey my baby was fed.  Plus as you can see by my earlier post he latched and nursed perfectly tonight so the formula didn't doom breast feeding like I had it in my head that it would. 

Once your milk comes in he will gain weight quickly too.  Kai went from 7.1 to 6.4 at 3 days old.  Then by 5 days was back up to 6.11 so things can change really quickly.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

the only thing I can suggest for helping your milk come in quicker is to keep putting him to the breast as often as you can (which it sounds like you're already doing). 

You are doing great -these first few weeks are the toughest but once you get through them you will find things so much easier. I found the breastfeeding board to be super helpful as well (still do!)

GL! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"