Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

XP: Being too warm = sleeping longer?

Our house doesn't have A/C (but we're getting it installed tomorrow...HALLELUJAH!) so it's been really warm in here the past few days - around 85*.

I keep fans going to circulate the air and I strip Parker down to his diaper to (hopefully) prevent him from overheating. Well, the past few days, P has been sleeping longer, around 4.5 hours at a time, even during the day. Could this be due to the house being so warm?

I'm so glad the A/C will be installed tomorrow - I hate worrying about P being hot. Sad

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Being too warm = sleeping longer?

• Options

1st of all your little one is so cute!

2nd - I love the onsie!

3rd - It's opposite here! My little one sleeps longer when it's colder! She is warm natured and HATES to be hot at all!!! 

• Options
    i was wondering the same thing today. the past two days have been crazy hot and we were outside a lot. my little guy was sleeping so much more during the day to the point where it made me nervous and i was about to call the pedi!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    elisbuelisbu member

I read that LOs sleep best between 68-72 degrees. Well I dont want see what are electric bill would be if we kept it that low, so we keep it at about 74.

She sleeps ojay, but when I take her outside or when we took her to the beach ( mid 90's here) she slept like a champ!!!

I am with you, i worry about her overheating, but she seems to like it. maybe its a preemie thing?

• Options
    imageelisbu:

I read that LOs sleep best between 68-72 degrees. Well I dont want see what are electric bill would be if we kept it that low, so we keep it at about 74.

She sleeps ojay, but when I take her outside or when we took her to the beach ( mid 90's here) she slept like a champ!!!

I am with you, i worry about her overheating, but she seems to like it. maybe its a preemie thing?

That is entirely possible.  I'm sure it reminds him of being in his isolette. Big Smile

And, before I forget (again), thank you SO much for the Neosure checks.  K's stationery is too cute!  I hope she is doing well...she's getting big!

• Options
    imageelisbu:

Im right there with you!!! DD sleeps best when she is all snug and warm. DH can become like a space heater at night and when she is in bed with us she snuggles into his chest and sleeps so soundly. I do worry about her getting to hot so I put her in short sleeved onsies and then a light blanket if needed.

• Options
    I was told by my birthing instructor not to keep the house over 68, then dress baby in what I'm wearing, plus one layer. The instructor said an overheated baby will be lethargic. Also, if you see baby is sweating, start removing clothes, one layer at a time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"