Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Should I be Worried?

Background: DD looked a little jaundiced when she was born and the test confirmed but it was minor and the doc said not to worry. DD is going to be 2 weeks tomorrow.

Today: We had our first doc's apointment today and he noticed that she still looked a little yellow and took the skin test which came out high (13.1). So he ordered a blood test to double check and it came back at 16 so we have another apointment on Thursday and another blood test.

Has anyone else delt with this? If so what happened, and is this something that I should be worried about?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Should I be Worried?

• That isn't that high for a 2 week old. Is your LO having enough wet diapers? As long as she is having enough diapers I wouldn't be too concerned. Jaundice usually peaks at a couple of days old. She should be on the down side now. Get her in the sun if it is nice out where you live, that will help too.
    Hannah born 4/5/11
    TTC #2 since 1/14
    Miscarriage d/t blighted ovum 8/14
  • It was similar with both of my boys.  They may tell you to supplement with formula if you are BFing.  I feel like jaundice is one of those things that happens to a lot of babies, but no one really tells you much about beforehand.  I would just call my pedi's office and ask for someone to explain to you what number you are looking for and how many wet/dirty diapers they reccomend exactly.

Hang in there! 

Miscarriage 10/25/2009 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • At 2 weeks that number isn't that bad, but I would follow your Pedi's recommendations. My DD was yellowish for a couple weeks too and she was under the photo therapy lights in the hospital a couple days.

Here is a link to the bilirubin versus age chart: https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/114/1/297/F2.large.jpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • imageMrsCarroll.6-10-07:

At 2 weeks that number isn't that bad, but I would follow your Pedi's recommendations. My DD was yellowish for a couple weeks too and she was under the photo therapy lights in the hospital a couple days.

Here is a link to the bilirubin versus age chart: https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/114/1/297/F2.large.jpg

Thank you for the chart!!! It helped me feel a lot better. She is having a good amount of wet and dirty diapers and she is up 6oz from her birth weight. The weather is nice so DH and I plan on taking her out side tomorrow. I just hope that the test on Thursday is better.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"