Babies: 3 - 6 Months

bumper

I know I shouldn't have the bumper in the crib.  My DD didn't move in the crib until like 6 months old, but my son is another story. He is just moving all over the crib. He likes to sleep on his side and will sleep close to the bumper, but seems fine and like he won't get caught in it.  My question is if I remove the bumper, will I find he has trouble staying asleep?  Will he bump into the side rail and feel like a small fish in a giant sea?

Re: bumper

• I don't think it would necessarily disturb his sleep, but I would suggest a breathable bumper. They are easy to use and are a good alternative to the regular ones.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Personally, I would remove it and replace it with a breathable bumper which has a little cushion to it and it help keep arms and legs in. 

It is just not worth the risk to me or the sleepless nights, but I tend to be on the higher end of cautious when it comes to my kids. 

Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Thx ya'll.  I have just ordered the breathable bumper on amazon!  I think its the safest and best option before removing it.  
  • We have these

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4255626

they are a breathable bumper but VERY soft, not a SIDS risk, and can be used even when they are a toddler.  

We had the regular breathable bumpers for DD and it did disrupt her sleep because she would hit her head on the slate/bumper when rolling around and wake up crying. I also would go get her in the morning and see the mesh imprint from the bumper imprinted on her forehead.  When she was older she could just pull it up and get her leg stuck and then start crying. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"