August 2011 Moms

Feet and ankles are so swollen!

Anyone elses feet and ankles swollen? I looked down yesterday and my ankles look like tree trunks and my feet are so swollen all my toes are touching when the never have before! lol I've been drinking a TON of water and trying to keep them elevated and nothing is helping really.

Yeah it's gonna be a long summer...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Feet and ankles are so swollen!

• I was that way last pregnancy and the only thing that helped me was to go and get a prenatal massage. It helped the swelling a lot and it felt amazing :) It does suck and so far with this pregnancy mine hasn't swelled yet and I hope they don't. GL and hope they go down soon.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Up until yesterday I was fine because we've been having pretty cold weather.  Yesterday, however, when it finally hit 80 and was sunny my ankles disappeared.  By the end of my first pregnancy I only had one pair of sandals that I could still squeeze my feet into.  With  my second, I was pregnancy during the winter and my feet never swelled.  Trudging in snow and ice sucked but hey, at least I had ankles.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Loading the player...
  • Me too.  By the end of the day, I can't get my shoes on or my feet are bubbling out of the shoes I am wearing.  A friend suggested NOT taking your shoes off during the day at work because then if you can't get them on, you'll have to go home barefoot.  It's true.

Today, I am chugging the water and keeping them elevated and it seems to be helping some.

• Yep! I'm right there with you. It's been happening more at work since I sit all day long. I've been pretty lucky on the weekends and the days I'm at home.
    TTC#1 Since 9.09
    Unexplained IF
    IUI#1 + Clomid + Trigger= BFP!! EDD: 8/8/11
    DS#1 Born 8/11/11
    TTC#2
    BFP #2 3/1/12 Ended in M/C on 3/17/12 @ 7w
    11/12 IUI#1 + Clomid + Trigger= BFP, EDD: 8/18/13, Beta#1 (45), Beta #2 (265) Beta #3 (2545)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    S/PAIF/PAL ALWAYS WELCOME!!
  • Mine were pretty bad toward the end of last week.  Over the weekend, DH made me spend almost all of my time sitting with my feet up.  When he knew I was going to take a nap, he went into the freezer and grabbed two of those hard ice packs that are made to fit between a 6-pack of soda.  He wrapped each of them in a dish towel and had me lay on my side.  One went on the bed under my bottom foot and one went in between my two feet.  When I woke up, the swelling had gone down in both feet.  Might be something you can try!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJennyAnne022776:
    Mine were pretty bad toward the end of last week.  Over the weekend, DH made me spend almost all of my time sitting with my feet up.  When he knew I was going to take a nap, he went into the freezer and grabbed two of those hard ice packs that are made to fit between a 6-pack of soda.  He wrapped each of them in a dish towel and had me lay on my side.  One went on the bed under my bottom foot and one went in between my two feet.  When I woke up, the swelling had gone down in both feet.  Might be something you can try!

Your husband sounds amazing!! I will definitely be trying this...thank you:)

• imageAnnaRedhead:

imageJennyAnne022776:
    Mine were pretty bad toward the end of last week.  Over the weekend, DH made me spend almost all of my time sitting with my feet up.  When he knew I was going to take a nap, he went into the freezer and grabbed two of those hard ice packs that are made to fit between a 6-pack of soda.  He wrapped each of them in a dish towel and had me lay on my side.  One went on the bed under my bottom foot and one went in between my two feet.  When I woke up, the swelling had gone down in both feet.  Might be something you can try!

Your husband sounds amazing!! I will definitely be trying this...thank you:)

I have to say, I think my husband is a pretty amazing guy. Smile It is a second marriage for me and I could not be more blessed.  He has been on the road since the beginning of May and I miss him a ton!

GL with those feet!!  Let me know if it works. Big Smile

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • jess!cajess!ca member
    Oooh... thanks for the ice tip.  I am going to try that.  I have horrible swelling today too.  I did a LOT of housework (painting etc) yesterday and when I finished around midnight my feet looked like the marshmellow man.  This morning when I woke up, they were still puffy.  It was 93 out here today, so that might be why.  Even in the AC, I got swollen.  Had a few meetings to walk to and by the time I left those I could see the water jiggling around in my feet!  I also got a touch of a headache and freaked out, so I called the Dr.  They said to lay down and take Tylenol and keep an eye on it.  I took my BP just to check it and it was a little high, so tomorrow at my reg. appt. I hope they find everything is ok.  I am so anxious since this is my 1st baby and I never know if it's normal stuff that we just have to deal with, or something bad starting. 
  • thank goodness i have not had this issue yet...its been really hot here the last few days and i did alot of yard work but I also kept drinking alot of water and kept jumping in the pool to cool off...think the pool is really helping and the water...we shall see how it goes the rest of the summer
  • I've been drinking tons of water, but the swelling at work in my feet is nuts. I looked down today and I could see my feet trying to break free some my sandals. On days I stand most of the day they swell, on days I sit most of the day they swell. I guess I'm just doomed to have cankles this summer. :(
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Proud Mom to the ZooCrew - Jack 3 years old and Joey 21 months. 
    Excited and delighted to welcome the 3rd member of the ZooCrew in 2015! We can't wait to meet you Matthew Henry!
  • BK33BK33 member

My fingers are swollen too!

• This is baby #4 and the first time I have had my feet swell. I can't see my ankle bones!!! Nothing seems to help, they will be a little unswollen in the morning but by mid morning they are elephantish again!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ugh, I have been dealing with this for months.  I literally lose my ankles by the end of the day.  It sucks, doesn't it?  I am normally a size 7.5-8 and actually wore a pair of size 10 wide shoes the other day and they fit and were sooo freakin comfy!

I find swimming, taking baths and soaking my feet in the bath tub with epsom salt helps. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I am right there with you ladies.  My 8-12 hour nursing shifts are doing a number on my ankles the last few days.  Coming from a RN though make sure your blood pressures are staying low and you aren't showing symptoms of pre-eclampsia because it can sneak up you fast anytime after 20 weeks but more commonly after 29 or 30.  So if you are experiencing headaches, change in vision, nausea, vomiting and high blood pressure along with swelling call your doctor right away don't wait.  Hopefully everyone will be able to see their ankles again soon! I know I am tired of not seeing mine. Sad
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"