Adoption
Options

To all who are frustratingly waiting

I have not been on this board for a while.  I adopted my son about 3 1/2 months ago.  I just wanted to send some words of encouragement to those of you waiting.  It's such a frustrating period and difficult for anyone who has not experienced it to know how painful it could be.  I just wanted to say that the long wait (for me it was a year and I had a REALLY tough time with the wait), the sadness of a failed adoption (we had one very painful one) and the money (our adoption ended up costing $36,000 including travel expenses) is TOTALLY worth it.  This has been the best 3 1/2 months of my life and it seems to just get better every day. 

Hang in there.  It will happen and it will be worth the pain.

Re: To all who are frustratingly waiting

• Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words and Drinks to your new addition!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I needed that encouragement tonight!  Thanks!  I'm glad to hear every day with your little one is going great!
    TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"