2nd Trimester

Should I go to the ER? Seriously sick.

All last week I was throwing up and having diarrhea after eating or drinking anything, it stopped Friday night and was gone all weekend but now I am puking and constantly in the bathroom once again. I haven't been able to eat anything all day because as soon as something touches my throat back up or out it comes. And I have SEVERE back, side, and stomach pain on top of it.

My question is..should I go to the ER or just try to tough it out? I'm really worried that my baby isn't getting the stuff it needs.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Should I go to the ER? Seriously sick.

• I wouldn't tough it out, sounds pretty severe from your post. Call your Dr. Better safe than sorry in a case where you can't keep anything down & are in extreme pain.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Are you able to keep fluids down? Gatorade, etc? If not, definitely go to the ER or maternity ward.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Loading the player...
  • Go go go! If you're having severe pains, I'd go. If it's on your right side it may be your appendix. 

At least go to rule out why you keep throwing up and having diarrhea. LO isn't getting nutrients if everything is coming out either end before it is digested.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would call your doctor but I bet they recommend that you go into the ER. How far along are you. They might send you to L&D (after 17 weeks they send you straight there at my hospital) You are probably very dehydrated and will need an IV of fluids, possibly several. I was so sick at 10 weeks I had to go in. Dehydration will make you worse. Are you able to keep liquid down? Try to drink some clear juice, sprite or gatorade. Hope you feel better soon.

My mom 10/8/1959-10/31/2011 image Dylan image
  • T&HLoveT&HLove member
    Definitely call your Dr. If you can't keep anything in you will become dehydrated and end up in the hospital if you don't do something about it now. I was very sick a couple weeks ago and my Dr. had me come in the next day. She prescribed meds to ease nausea and then told me to eat/drink anything that melts clear. such as sherbet. But she told me if it didn't get better, I would have to go to the ER. I had a UTI, and had no idea.
    photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I would go if you can't keep anything down. Its dangerous to get dehydrated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Go get yourself some IV fluids and phenergan suppositories.  You'll feel so much better.
  • Kinda crappy but I understand .....

I called my doc and he said to wait it out for the night and come in tomorrow (we have a scheduled appointment). Told me to have some broth saltines and jello and to drink lots of water and maybe juice and tomorrow we'll see if he thinks it warrants a trip to the hospital for ivs.

So off the bump I go to rest and get better hopefully.

• to me it sounds like you needed to go last week! if you are that sick then you should definately go to the ER, pregnant or not. its just not safe to not be consuming liquids and food. the pains are probablly from dehydration and hungry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"