October 2011 Moms
Options

Someone GAG me!

A close friend of mine just called me and invited SO and I to go to the bar in Ocean City with her next weekend to hear her "fiance" sing. *GAG* Please tell me that you agree with me when I say that this is pathetic. She just met this guy TWO days ago... and last week she was dating someone else. I acted very strange on the phone because I was so shocked/trying to hold back laughter. SO was sitting next to me and said "is that Rebecca?" When I shook my head, he started laughing. 

Wedding is apparently asap? And he decided no ring? So I'm sorry... but maybe I'm more traditional... but I'd like to see a ring on my finger and be seeing someone for awhile before I make this commitment.

Just had to vent!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Someone GAG me!

• Options
    Are you being sarcastic when you say 2 days ago or do you literally mean 2 days ago? If so....that's very very weird.
  • Options
    Literally two days ago. I'm not sure how to take it in. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    *Shrug* I'm assuming this person is an adult? I know plenty of people with beautiful rings and years of dating history who's marriages don't work out.
  • Options

She wants you to drive all the way to OC MD?

I don't think I would even drive that far to see someone I actually liked sing LOL

Girls are crazy "in love" these days! So they think. My friend is very much like this, moved a guy in after a month of dating in Jan.. and they are getting married in Aug. CRAZY!

Till Baby E Money Comes! BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    The lack of a ring is no big deal to me. If he can't afford it, he can't afford it. It doesn't mean a guy loves his woman any less. But the only 2 days thing, now that's a little much. You do not know someone well enough in 2 days to decide you want to spend the rest of your life with them. There's just so much to consider and discuss that just doesn't happen within the first 2 days, or even the first 2 dates (which aren't usually 2 days in a row)!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 2/24/2008

BFP #1 3/13/13, MMC 4/17/13, D&C 4/19/13

BFP #2 8/7/13, Beta at 4w6d = 3,796

• Options
    Hmmm if you can;t afford a ring, you can't afford to get married IMO.  Is it possible she's feeling jealous of attention your receiving or is on the rebound from her ex?   My husband and I got married pretty quick. started hanging out in november, dating in december, engaged in January and married in June. We are about to celebrate our two year anniversary and for us this worked out. but, 2 days is a bit ridiculous 
    Successful after 2 years tttc. Diagnosed with PCOS and Endometriosis. Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"