TTC After a Loss
Options

products linked to mc

Disclaimer:  I do not blame any environmental issues or anything I did or ate, etc. as the cause of my miscarriage, but what happened this weekend annoys me!!! 

So my husband and I bought a grill.  Last night we were in the garage setting it up when I found two loose leaf papers in the instructions from the state of California:

1.  There may be lead in the brass fitting on the valve of the gas tank, which is known in the state of california of causing reproductive issues and miscarraiges.

2.  The fumes let off from this grill are known in the state of california to cause reproductive issues, cancer, and miscarriages.

Seriously?  Obviously I can't live in a bubble and protect myself from everything that may be linked to miscarriages, but why even sell things that can effect our bodies in such a way?!  And I can't even imagine workers in a factory exposed to this stuff daily!  And why is the state of california telling me this?  Shouldn't this be a warning from the federal government?  It was upsetting to hold that warning in my hands.  Regardless, we are having grilled chicken tonight.  I'm just annoyed.

BFP#1 EDD 11/8/11 - MC @ 9w6d, 4/15/11 we said goodbye
BFP#2 DD arrived 5/7/12

Re: products linked to mc

• Options

I have seriously second-guessed every single little thing I've eaten, done, or touched. I still catch myself doing it, even though I know intellectually that it's not rational. My doctor did explain it in a way that did put my mind at ease: a viable pregnancy does not end easily. It takes a lot more than simply eating the wrong thing or touching something harmful to end a pregnancy. The vast majority of miscarriages are the result of chromosomal defects. While it's good to take reasonable precautions, no one should live in a bubble. If you avoid alcohol and smoking and you make good eating & exercise choices, a viable pregnancy will be fine.

We all try and look for an answer or a scapegoat, but the truth is that for most of us, there isn't a single thing we could have done differently to change the outcome of things. It's horrible and sad, but true. It makes me feel so out of control, and I hate feeling like I don't have control over things.

• Options
    I work in a factory that has chemical and heat treated processes. I am super aware of this every day and try to prevent the best I can.
    BFP 3/14/2011 m/c 3/18/2011 @ 6w BFP 8/15/2011 Beta #1 12dpo 8/16/2011 61 progesterone 29 Beta #2 14dpo 8/18/2011 143 1st ultrasound 9/6/2011 117 bpm 2nd ultrasound 9/12/2011 142 bpm Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It was just upsetting holding those papers in my hand.  I'm sure I never would have thought twice about those papers before.

BFP#1 EDD 11/8/11 - MC @ 9w6d, 4/15/11 we said goodbye
    BFP#2 DD arrived 5/7/12
  • Options

There is a similar warning on many things in California - including the fast food drive thru (I was shocked when I pulled into the Carl's Jr and read that on the drive thru window!)!

You're right - you can't live in a bubble but boy, sometimes, it seems easier Big Smile.

DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"