Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Anyone on the IUD?

I had the IUD put in 8 weeks p.p (11 weeks ago). and I spotted for about a week. But I can't remember the last time I Have had a period, I know the IUD can stop them but I didn't think it would stop them this fast. DH and I pri have sex 2-4 times a week.. So the big question would you be concerned and take a test?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone on the IUD?

• Options

I have an IUD and I plan on taking pregnancy tests once a month if AF stops. I figure better safe than sorry, right? I know it's 99% effective, but it's not impossible to get pregnant.

Let me tell you how jealous I am you only spotted for a week. I got it in 3 weeks ago, and I've had a period for 3+ weeks. lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had this exact same issue. i was BFing until the beginning of April and still had no AF. Then two weeks ago I had some cramping; I started thinking the thing was moving out of place or something. I called the doctor's office after I had really bad cramping for like a half hour and then it magically went away...the nurse said I probably just ovulated and will spot the next week. She was totally right; I spotted all last week so I guess that was a period. She said it won't happen regularly, just every once in awhile. It was like I popped an egg and then was fine. Weird!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKC_13:

I have an IUD and I plan on taking pregnancy tests once a month if AF stops. I figure better safe than sorry, right? I know it's 99% effective, but it's not impossible to get pregnant.

Let me tell you how jealous I am you only spotted for a week. I got it in 3 weeks ago, and I've had a period for 3+ weeks. lol.

This for me too... It blows and I'm very, very jealous. 

• Options

I have the copper one... and am BFing with no return of AF so far... (had one before ttc DS with normal AF) - but, I have a friend who is due in Jan. U/S confirmed that both baby and IUD are where they should be... so yeah, it happens. I am considering buying a whole stack of $ store tests for those times I just can't get it out of my mind...

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    I had Mirena pre-baby and had zero periods for almost 4 years. I got it again about a month ago and have had no bleeding yet and hope it's the same this time. *fingers crossed*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"