Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Flying with LO ?

Bug is 14 months old and we are flying to PA on Friday.  Did you need a picture ID for LO when you flew?  TIA!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Flying with LO ?

• We just flew this last week. We did not need anything at all, other than to tell the airline he was flying with us (which they knew when we checked in). We brought his birth certificate but never needed it. You won't need picture ID.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Depends on the airline/airport.  I've always had to show either DD's immunization record or a copy of her birth certificate when flying with Southwest.
  • Loading the player...
  • We will be flying to NY in July and I called the airline to see if I would need DD's birth certificate and she said no but I think we will bring it just in case. You wouldn't want to get there and all the sudden need it and not have it.
  • to fly to FL we needed his birth certificate because he didnt have a ticket, he sat on my lap.  and no i did not need a photo ID for him
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • no you don't need a picture ID, but you should bring the birth certificate.
  • We flew Frontier and did not need anything.

• Yes but we mostly fly international and even when not we still bring DS' passport along with ours (we are not citizens so we are required to bring ours but DS was born in the US).
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We flew Delta and didn't need anything either. I thought about bringing his birth certificate just incase. I kept thinking of the movie "Away We Go" when Maya Rudolphs character tried to fly 6mo preggo and they all gave her the side-eye b/c she was so big and looked 8mo preg... they ended up taking the train. My son isn't HUGE for his age or anything, but it was one of those "what ifs" that my DH loves so much.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • If your child is on your lap and looks close to 2 then they may require a birth certificate. If they have their own seat they don't need anything at all - per TSA rules no one under the age of 18 needs id to fly, unless you are flying internationally. We fly ALL the time and unless we fly overseas we don't have to show any id.
  • Thanks everyone!  I'll take his birth certificate just in case. Now to just hope he doesn't turn into "that kid" on the plane!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"