August 2011 Moms
Options

PIP your baby shower outfit

I am having such a hard time finding and deciding on something to wear for my shower in 2 weeks.  I am worried about boobage, keeping my legs crossed and being too hot. Let's not even go there with shoes either.

So show me watcha got.  I need new places to look!   

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PIP your baby shower outfit

• Options

This is the dress that I got this weekend at Macys. It is from Motherhood. It is so flowy and airy that I don't think I will get too hot. And I wanted something long so that I wouldn't have to worry about crossing my legs :) It covers the boobs pretty well (better than on the mannequin). I am a DD size and feel pretty good in it.

** It also comes in purple ** 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have this dress from Target: https://tinyurl.com/4ywfknf

And this dress from Target: https://tinyurl.com/42zn8bc (no longer available online, but still have it at my store on clearance.)

The clearance price was less on both dresses in my local store. $17, I think.

I love them both. They are super comfortable while still being a little dressy. I think I'm going to wear one to each shower.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    amdrazaamdraza member

I am wearing this one for my shower at the end of this month. I am going to pair it with a cropped thre-quarter sleve cardigan in purple...

Sleeveless Empire Waist Maternity Dress

I have another shower this weekend, and am wearing a dress from Motherhood, but it was a hand-me-down from a friends, so it is from a few years ago (no picture). It is a white w/light green ploka dots wrap styled dress.

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

For my shower in a couple of weeks, I'm wearing this:

https://www.destinationmaternity.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=976930023&MasterCategory_Id=MC3

I'm considering this for my later, more formal shower but not sure if I want to shell out that much $$:

https://www.appleseedboutique.com/alexis-satin-dress.html

• Options
    image  and a pair of white capris. I don't know what color shoes to wear... probably brown sandals.

BFP #1 - BFP #2 - Blog
    <3 and Luck to my BFPB StephK!!- Emma is here!!

• Options
    I'm having a hard time too. I'd like to wear a dress but everything I have tried on so far is either too long (I'm short lol) or too big in the chest area (I've really only gained in my tummy).  I may just have to see if one of my non maternity dresses fit all right, or just buy a new non maternity dress. So aggravating though!
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this... I am having a terrible time because I think the maxi dresses make me look even more whale-like than before, and I hate dresses that fall above my knees!  I have one dress that I got for a wedding but it's primarily black (LIz Lange at Target but not on site to show) but I want something more fun and summery.  Thanks for posting, looking forward to see if anyone else comments.
    Married 11/21/2009
    BFP 12/4/2010
    Baby Maryn was born 8/18/11
    image   imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagebrobbins05:
    Thanks for posting this... I am having a terrible time because I think the maxi dresses make me look even more whale-like than before, and I hate dresses that fall above my knees!  I have one dress that I got for a wedding but it's primarily black (LIz Lange at Target but not on site to show) but I want something more fun and summery.  Thanks for posting, looking forward to see if anyone else comments.
    I found a non-maternity dress yesterday at Burlington that is tee length (passed the knees) and I think that is flattering but I am not 100% in love with it so I am continuing to look.  It didn't help that I just saw a friends showers pics where she had on a dress in the same length and it wasn't that flattering.    

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imageThemetastic:

imagebrobbins05:
    I found a non-maternity dress yesterday at Burlington that is tee length (passed the knees) and I think that is flattering but I am not 100% in love with it so I am continuing to look.  It didn't help that I just saw a friends showers pics where she had on a dress in the same length and it wasn't that flattering.    

Here's the dress I have. I  love it- comfy, I feel it looks good on me, but just doesn't feel summery and showery.  (These pics don't show a very good angle to see the length, but I like it.)

Married 11/21/2009
    BFP 12/4/2010
  • Options

I'm wearing this to one with open toed black heels:

It's Olian "Fawn" dress from Nordstrom

And I'm wearing this Old Navy dress to my other one:

• Options
    imagebrobbins05:
    imageThemetastic:

imagebrobbins05:

Here's the dress I have. I  love it- comfy, I feel it looks good on me, but just doesn't feel summery and showery.  (These pics don't show a very good angle to see the length, but I like it.)

I think that is really cute and could totally work for your shower.. but I understand wanting to keep looking!   

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm going with jean capri's and one of my tops. Both of my showers are really informal. Not to mention the fact that one of them is a co-ed cookout and I live in central Florida so its really hot!
  • Options

This was my dress from my shower last weekend:

I had a hard time because I am obviously pretty large with twins.  I loved this dress because it contained the boobs and also hit just below my knees.  I didn't have to worry at all about flashing the crowd when I was opening gifts.  I wasn't sure about the color in the beginning, but I got a lot of compliments at the shower.  It is a jersey knit, very flowy, and extremely comfortable.  In fact, when I got home that night, I sat around in it until I was ready for bed because it was so cool and comfortable!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJennyAnne022776:

This was my dress from my shower last weekend:

I had a hard time because I am obviously pretty large with twins.  I loved this dress because it contained the boobs and also hit just below my knees.  I didn't have to worry at all about flashing the crowd when I was opening gifts.  I wasn't sure about the color in the beginning, but I got a lot of compliments at the shower.  It is a jersey knit, very flowy, and extremely comfortable.  In fact, when I got home that night, I sat around in it until I was ready for bed because it was so cool and comfortable!

Where did you find this dress?

Married 11/21/2009
    BFP 12/4/2010
  • Options
    imageamdraza:

I am wearing this one for my shower at the end of this month. I am going to pair it with a cropped thre-quarter sleve cardigan in purple...

Sleeveless Empire Waist Maternity Dress

I have another shower this weekend, and am wearing a dress from Motherhood, but it was a hand-me-down from a friends, so it is from a few years ago (no picture). It is a white w/light green ploka dots wrap styled dress.

Please share where you found this one!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"