2nd Trimester

Motherhood sizing

I hate to say it but I feel like I am exploding all of a sudden and like last pregnancy I cannot handle any pressure on my belly so the 1 pair of maternity shorts I have from DD are under belly and bother me when I sit.  I live in the middle of no where and even our Walmart doesn't carry maternity - near a military post, crazy- so am going to order secret fit shorts from motherhood maternity, I wear 8's for the most part, have a few 6's in shorts, so by their chart I would be a medium but the jeans I have from DD which fit again are motherhood smalls.  Question- anyone have experience with their shorts?  I assume I should buy the same size as the pants that fit but hate to have to send my order back.  Thanks in advance!
5/08- blighted ovum, spont ab; 2/20/09- epi, VAVD, Girl! breastfed 24mo; 10/10- blighted ovum, spon ab; 12/10- no fetal pole, Cytotec; 11/20/11- unmedicated SVD, Girl! breastfed 18mo; 11/7/13- unmedicated SVD, breastfed 18mo; 2/11/16- unmedicated SVD, exclusively pumping to at least a year.

Re: Motherhood sizing

• acaveracaver member
    I don't have any shorts from them, but do have some pants, jeans and skirts.  I have found all of them to be true to size based on their size charts.  I would order the medium.  It's completely possible that the shorts you already had have stretched out a bit.  I had a pair of pants from my sister that she wore with both of her pregnancies which were a bit too big, but are the same size as the one's I purchased which fit.
  • I just got a couple pairs from MM and I'm normally a Size 10 and got the mediums... good luck with sizing, it can be frustrating without trying them on. *I also have the jeans in Medium*
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I got a pair of long shorts from them, and I got a M.  They are a little big, but I was a size 6 pre-preg, getting close to needing an 8.  I also have the M jeans, but I bought size S in dress pants.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They tend to run large, so if you have a pair that fits, and it is small, I would order a small again.  I didn't like any of their shorts b/c they were too short, but I am 5'10 and have a lot of (chunky) leg!!
  • I used to wear size 10s before pregnancy, and I really liked the Motherhood smalls at first.  They were a little snug, but they still looked good.  However, after the past 2-3 weeks, I have retired the smalls and am comfortably wearing the mediums.  I think Motherhood brand is the best for maternity bottoms so far!
  • I have found that they run big, full in the butt/hip area, same as old navy 
  • I was in between an 8 and 10 pre-pg and got a M size pant at 8 weeks. They fit then, and were comfy, and they fit now, with room to grow. The secret fit belly is seriously soooo comfy and I'm not worried about it stretching!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"