Preemies
Options

**RMH10**

I just saw your wave on the other string :)  We are at FFX Inova - when did you guys leave?  What room(s) were your babies in?  Any advice while we're still there?

Hopefully we only have a few more weeks... JP is 33wks yesterday, actual is 5 weeks today. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image

Re: **RMH10**

• Options

Hi!

My babies were born at Fairfax on March 18th (at 32 weeks). We were in the NICU (Room 204)  until April 4th, when they were transferred to Fair Oaks hospital, which was closer to where we live. My babies came home finally from the hospital on April 20.They are now 3 weeks adjusted (10 weeks actual).

My only advice is to do as much hands on as you can. I was really nervous to do much of anything at all, and in the beginning I really let the nurses take the lead. The longer I was in there, the more comfortable I got. I started to initiate more of the care, and tried to make myself more at home, as best I could. We had some really great nurses there who also made me feel much better, and who really let me be a mom to the babies.  Also, they had a lot of classes through the March of Dimes there, and I tried to go to a few of those. It was really my only chance there to talk to other moms.

I think of the FFX NICU often, as it was their first home! Good wishes, and let's keep in touch! 

TTC#1 since 12/06 1st IVF w ICSI: 6/14/10 -- BFP!...low beta... chemical preg. 2nd IVF = August 19 16 -- 18 eggs September 2- BFP! September 16th - TWINS! Due May 9th Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"