Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Follow up to my appt today (kind of long)

Well, we got the results of the MRI and it's for sure a girl, but they are still showing a swollen clitoris.  So either this will resolve itself or the baby could have congenital adrenal hyperplasia.  They are still waiting on some bloodwork that I did 3 weeks ago to come back and hopefully that will rule out the congenital adrenal hyperplasia.  The geneticist keeps trying to get us to do an amnio, but the MFM dr and I both agree that it's not worth the risk.  The baby's kidneys are still fine, just have the cysts on them.  We met with the nephrologist this morning that will be basically keeping up with the baby's kidneys until she is an adult.  (My husband has Polycystic Kidney's and they are hereditary in his family.  We found out our baby girl has them as well our 22 week u/s.)  The nephrologist said that basically when the baby is born they will keep a close eye on her kidney function and will do an u/s and bloodwork.  He strongly suggested that we deliver there instead of where we live.  I made it through this appt without crying, but basically it was just a plan of what will happen with the baby.  The cysts on the kidneys could go away after birth and not return until she is an adult, or they may be there her whole life.  So we went for my appt at maternal fetal medicine and when I arrived I asked if we would be finding out the results of the bloodwork and MRI first and that we called and no one called us back.  Turns out the dr was sick all week and that is why he never returned our call.  They told us that they want me to deliver at the hospital there and I broke down crying.  I tried to keep it in, but then a whole other stress came on.  I don't get to deliver with my MW, and I'm going to deliver at a completely different and much larger hospital.  I know it's for my baby that I deliver there, but I can't help but cry.  I'm sure it's all the hormones.  Well 7 hours later, I'm a little bit better and have realized that really I have no choice.  It's going to be quite a drive having contractions in a car, but the baby is where she will need to be. 

Well, I kind of rambled on, but the baby is completely healthy and we are very thankful and blessed.  It's just hard when you have a completely unevenful first pregnancy and  a second pregnancy that is completely stressful.  Thank you for all your thoughts and well wishes this morning!  I really appreciate them!

girls photo zvczv.jpg

Re: Follow up to my appt today (kind of long)

• Options
    I am glad that she is healthy.  Hang in there, it sounds like you are under good care.  I am sure it can be stressful! (((hugs))).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LLB430LLB430 member
    Hang in there!!!  Sending  you thoughts and prayers!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, that is a lot of stress and worry for you.  I am glad she is healthy.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm glad she's healthy and your doctors really seem to be taking good care of you and the baby! That does sound so stressful though, take care of yourself!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"