2nd Trimester
Options

I love the reactions

I'm looking pretty big lately (I look a month ahead of how I looked at 17 weeks with my last pregnancy). Anyways, I was walking around the mall with DS today (he's 13 1/2 months). Every store I went into people would look at me, ask when I'm due (November 7th), then ask how old DS is. I've had my share of rude reactions (but mostly from people I know). Strangers, on the other hand, generally don't want to be rude but are thinking the same thing. I can't tell you how many times today I got the "wow they're going to be close together...that should be fun" reaction. My favorite today were the people who tried to make me feel better (not that I'm upset I'm pregnant - they just are upset for me). They would say something along the lines of "oh well that's ok...my sister/niece/mother/aunt's roommate from college had kids that close together and she was ok". Um, thanks???

Re: I love the reactions

• Options

I may be confused here... but aren't they going to be 2 years apart?   What is so wrong with that? 

Either way, congratulations. Hope you are feeling well and are able to enjoy this. Ignore people. Most people have no idea what to say to a pregnant woman. 

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagec_washington:

I may be confused here... but aren't they going to be 2 years apart?   What is so wrong with that? 

Either way, congratulations. Hope you are feeling well and are able to enjoy this. Ignore people. Most people have no idea what to say to a pregnant woman. 

More or less, yup. People are dumb.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would probably give a little laugh and say something like "oh, I'm sorry, did it seem like I was asking for your opinion or advice?"  People can be so dumb sometimes.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options
    imagec_washington:

this. 

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm guessing that there's just not a lot of 2u2 around here unless they are twins. At least that's the only thing I can think of.
  • Options

I get the same reactions all the time.  Our DS's are very close in age and we're due days apart this time as well.  I didn't realize how 'unusual' it was.  I love that my boys will be so close in age!!  (And yes, random stranger, it was planned!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Love it.  I'm starting to feel huge (25 weeks) and my son is 13 mos, so will be 17 mos when baby is born.  Was at the store the other day and he was being a monster!  Running around the racks of clothes, laughing and screaming (he was just having fun) and some lady asked how old he was and then said "oh, and you're pregnant again? " and gave me that look! :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options

My little sister and I are 21 months apart. I think because we were "so close" it helped with us to get along growing up. We're like best friends and still get asked if we're twins.

imageimage
    Quinn was born at 34 weeks weighing in at 5lbs 8oz and 19in long
  • Options
    I want to have my kids that close together too. My niece and nephew are 18 months apart to the day. Niece was born December 24th and nephew was born June 24th 18 months later. It's great. I think it kind of sucks if siblings are so far apart because they won't have anything in common. I'm an identical twin, but if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have had a close sibling because my other sister is 6 years older than me. She was out of high school before I even started!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Married 2/24/2008

BFP #1 3/13/13, MMC 4/17/13, D&C 4/19/13

BFP #2 8/7/13, Beta at 4w6d = 3,796

• Options

imageBashert628:
    I'm guessing that there's just not a lot of 2u2 around here unless they are twins. At least that's the only thing I can think of.

LOL! People are just dumb! You should see the looks when they calculate that I'll have 3u3! Priceless! ; )

• Options

Ugh.  I totally understand this.  Our kids will be about 19 months apart & some people are just absolutley offended by it.  As if they'll have to be living with us & helping to raise them or something...  Gosh.  Some people.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"