March 2011 Moms

Father's day gift ideas - what are you planning?

Thinking @ our first Father's day and I really want to do something special but for some reason my mind is blank. My DH is super hard to shop for - he's not really into sports (except UNC basketball) and he doesn't want new clothes or shoes or anything. He's wrapped @ my LO's finger and loves being a dad. What are you all thinking of doing for father's day? TIA for ideas! :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Father's day gift ideas - what are you planning?

• DH muffed the punt on Mother's Day, and he will be away at a conference on Father's Day. 

I think I"m going to get him Go the F*** to sleep and a framed photo of him w/ LO. (the photo is what he got me)

Baby Boy Born 3.15.11. 8lb 9oz, 21.75in. 6 month stats: 20lb 11oz (92%tile), 30.12in.(100%tile - who knew it went over 99th? Which means 100% of other 6 month olds are shorter than mine!)
  • amy259amy259 member
    I got a digital picture frame for his office which I'm going to load with pics of us and LO and a travel coffee mug with a pic of LO. HTH 
    BFP 7/17/12 DD#1 3/10/10 BFP 3/26/12 Natural MC 4/11/12 #2 Due 3/30/12
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't even get a card, just a "Happy Mother's Day" comment as an afterthought when other people started calling to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. Needless to say, I'm going to "forget" all about him on Father's Day too...but rest assured I will remember my own daddy.
  • imagemrsbmw09:
    I didn't even get a card, just a "Happy Mother's Day" comment as an afterthought when other people started calling to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. Needless to say, I'm going to "forget" all about him on Father's Day too...but rest assured I will remember my own daddy.

good for you.  that's just inconsiderate.  see how he likes it.

as far as my DH, he works as a photographer so i'm going to get him a new dress shirt and i also thought of stopping by michaels this week cause they have unfinished frames that you can decorate yourself, and i am going to put a picture of DD in it and it can be her gift to him 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • nattnnattn member
    I got DH a grill cover, but he's also wrapped around DD's little finger so I got him a coffee mug from Costco with pictures of DD on it too. He'll love to have it at work to show her off. You can have them made at Costco, Walmart, Walgreens, Target, Shutterfly, etc...
  • Cool! I just designed a photo personalized card at tiny prints (if you use code GC99 you can get the card for only 99c). I think I'm going to get a digital photo frame too so he can use it at work....and then we'll see what else. 

For my mothers day this year (first one) i got brunch, a massage gift card, and a hoem security system (weird but I really wanted that so I liked it! ) LOL 

• DH was hungover on mother's day (we celebrated his 30th the night before & DS was at my mom's) however, he did get me a nice nook to enjoy my summer reading.  There really isn't anything huge he wants/needs and we're living on one paycheck for a few months, so I'm going pretty small...

he has a new office and needs pics of his fam/ DS so i'm going to get a small collage frame and make something up. 

He is really cheesy so i'll probably get him a World's Best Dad mug (picture Michael Scott's mug on the office).  

I'll probably also stock his beer fridge without him knowing.  He loves craft brews so I'm going to go to a specialty store to pick up a bunch of randoms.   

I think making the day special is going to be my main goal.  I'll make an effort to have coffee ready for him, breakfast, and then get some great steaks for dinner so we can grill out and hang out.   

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH was dying to get a new MP3 player, so we got that for him as his early Father's Day present. I have a "#1 Papa" (he's french, so that's what DD will call him) mug. I'll also get him a card from DD.

It will be a busy day that day since DD's Baptism is that day then we're having the family back to our place for a BBQ lunch after church.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• I got DH a money clip (engraved) because this is what I remember getting my dad.  And I am thinking about getting pictures done right before, when DS will be 3 mo, as a surprise and putting them on one of those keychain digital photo things.

• Dh holds lo on his hand and says he's playing superman. So I got him a superman outfit and I will cook dinner that night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"