Babies on the Brain
Options

Pants AW

I picked up a pair of MMaternity low rise capris over a month ago and have never worn them because within a week of getting them I realized that the low rise was really freaking uncomfortable.

I just cut out the waistband and sewed in a full stretchy panel. Without a pattern. I don't do a lot of things without a pattern, even if it's one I make. Especially when it comes to clothes. They are now super comfy and I even left extra elastic at the waist so I can let it out if I get to big.

----

Side-note: Who the fvck got into my siggy and changed my ticker?!?! There's no freaking way I'm 23 weeks. Nope. No.Way. REFUSE to believe it. ::turns back on siggy::

Re: Pants AW

• Options
    MrsW007MrsW007 member

That is awesome.  I wish I could sew anything other than a straight (well we'll call it that) hem in a pair of pants. 

I really wish I could make sun dresses.  There are so many cute ones out but I'm short.  They can always be shortened but usually do not look right when finished for one reason or another.  

• Options
    Dee1028Dee1028 member

I wish I could sew. Good for you!!

and YAY!! for 23 weeks, though I am also not sure where the time went. 

Taking the Scenic Route
    FET: Success! Beta at 14dp5dt: 2427 TWINS!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Go you! I need to straighten out a pair of shorts that I have. I'd love to take the waist band off and put a panel on, but...it's so much effort. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagecaffinated_tulip:

Go you! I need to straighten out a pair of shorts that I have. I'd love to take the waist band off and put a panel on, but...it's so much effort. 

I basically did this except I only had to remove the existing waistband. I have a few skirts I'm going to do that to though. I didn't even try and trace out that pattern, just laid the pants on the fabric and jotted out a line to match. Not including seam ripping the waistband out, I think it took me maybe 30-45 minutes. Not bad effort wise.

Thanks ladies :)

• Options
    Holy awesomness, that is a fantastic idea.  I so completely lack the skillz, but apparently I need to find a friend who can sew before I make babies.  I have visions of being so cheap that I spend my entire pregnancy in Old Navy yoga pants of varying lengths and colours.
  • Options

Fantastic! PIP please!

And yay for 23 weeks!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"