March 2011 Moms

LO is suddenly sleeping less and VERY fussy...what is it?

Hi ladies!

I'm curious as to whether anyone else has experienced something like we're going through now. DD has been a really great baby overall - she doesn't cry much and has always been easy to soothe; a little bopping and/or walking and she calms right down, and she's quite content to hang out on her play mat or in her swing with a paci. She started STTN at 4w (6-7 hours or so) and has gotten up to 9+ hours recently. I EBF and she has always been content to go 3-4 hours between feedings.

Starting last week, she suddenly seems much fussier during the day. She has at least one screaming fit a day where she is completely inconsolable - no amount of walking, shushing or bopping calms her, and she screams even harder when I offer her the paci. It kills me to not be able to soothe her!

Her sleeping has also changed. She almost always fusses a bit when I first put her down at night, but puts herself to sleep within a few minutes. She is waking up at 6-6:30 now instead of her normal 8-8:30, and last night she threw me a complete curveball and woke up at 2:30am. She had broken one arm out of her swaddle (also a first) and had her fist in her mouth. I nursed her and she went back to sleep until 8:30, but she hasn't woken in the middle of the night in over a month!

So, WDYT?

My guesses are either growth spurt or teething. She has been drooling, blowing bubbles, and chomping on her hands/arm an awful lot, but I haven't felt any nubs yet. She has a pedi appt. tomorrow for shots, so I'll ask then what she thinks, but if anyone can relate and figured out the cause, please share!

imagePregnancy Ticker

Re: LO is suddenly sleeping less and VERY fussy...what is it?

• Could this be it? My LO started going through this right after I received this e-mail.

This week

Your baby is 11 WEEKS OLD Wrong week?
    ? Babies are doing a lot of developing this week, and they may be fussy, clingy and shy. The good news is that most will go through a calm spell in about two weeks.

? Babies at this stage are fascinated by their hands and, researchers have found, may spend two-thirds of their waking time playing with them.

? As your baby's muscles develop, her arm and leg movements are becoming much smoother and more coordinated.

Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• I'm with you! We've had a ton of drooling and lots of bubbles and an increase in the screaming fits. Sounds like we had similar nights last night...DD has been STTN for over a month and last night she broke out of her swaddle, found her fist and then demanded to eat at 3:00a.m. which we haven't had to do for quite a while.I'm also not sure what the deal is, but I can totally relate!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We are going through this too. He was sleeping from 10pm to 5am when I woke him up to feed him then another 3 hours after that! Then it was waking up at 2 then 4 now it's every two hours x( lots of dribble and bubbles but no teeth nubs. hopefully that thing pored above is right about the calm spell!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD went through the same thing during the time she was 10 and 11 weeks old. It was worse last week when she was 11 weeks. She was back to getting up twice a night, fussing more during the day, fighting her naps, screaming for no reason, etc. She also really discovered her hands, started to grab things on purpose, started blowing bubbles and sucking on her fists a ton. A lot of development in a short period.

This week she is still a little fussier than normal, but closer to her regular self, and back to sleeping through the night, and not getting up until between 6 and 7am. It will get back to normal!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"