November 2011 Moms
Options

Fainted today...

Do you think everything is ok? I ate breakfast and drank about 3 glasses of water. And around 9 am, I walked into my office and blacked out. I'm ok now, and I've fainted before, but it was a long time ago.  On Friday at my appt my blood pressure was 105/66, which is a little higher than normal. Normally, I'm anywhere from 90-100/60. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fainted today...

• Options
    Did you fall?  I hope you are alright.  No matter what, you should definitely call your doctor.
    It's a Boy!! Baby #1 - Born 11/2/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageTeffie:
    Did you fall?  I hope you are alright.  No matter what, you should definitely call your doctor.

THIS!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hope you didn't hurt yourself!  I would call the doc but I did read lightheaded and dizziness is common during the 2nd trimester.  I would definitely call though!
  • Options
    I fell - but I fell into my computer. I was walking into my office and blacked out and then fell into my computer and luckily into a chair. So, I didn't hit my head or fall onto the floor.  I read that it was common too, so I didn't want to call the doctor and tell me no big deal. Last time I fainted, about 2 years ago, I felt nauseous and light headed for hours afterwards. That time, I ended up going to urgent care, and my blood pressure was very low, so they sent me to the ER. They hooked me up and I was fine after a couple hours. The doctor then told me that I have low blood pressure and to just be sure to sit down if I feel light headed. I figured if it happened again, I would be sure to sit immediately and call the doctor then.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lots of water and take it easy.. def speak with your doc always
  • Options
    CaryANCaryAN member

I would def let your doc know about it, however, a few weekends ago, DH and I were at a craft fair and I started feeling REALLY light headed.  If DH hadn't paid attention when I told him and grabbed my arm and ran me to a place to sit down, I would have totally fallen out.  I had started to black out and my vision was like looking through a straw by the time I sat down.  My whole body was clammy and I had broken out into a cold sweat!  I ate some ice cream and felt perfectly fine 10 mins later.  We told my doc about it and he said it was totally normal and to just be sure that I don't go too long without eating.  He also said that the hot day could have contributed.  But apparently in the 2nd tri, we are much more prone to dizziness and light-headedness, which leads to passing out. 

I was totally embarrassed bc we were in public, but luckily, we are all ok!  :)  

• Options
    Leia358Leia358 member
    I almost fainted last week myself!  It was a pretty warm day and I was flower shopping... guess I spent too much time in the green house, starting feeling a little dizzy, so I walked to a shaded area and had to sit down immediately.  It was very embarrassing, I tried to get up to ask if the shop had any water, but had to immediately sit back down or I would have fallen over!  Luckily I had a good friend with me who had a bottle of water in her car... after drinking half the thing down in like 1 gulp I felt completely fine.  So weird!!  I must have been really dehydrated, although I had eaten breakfast and had plenty of water that morning, too.  I guess I'll just have to carry water around with me everyone now a days!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"