February 2012 Moms

Are you finding out the gender?

I know we are still a while away from finding out the gender of our LOs, but are you planning on finding out? DH and I would like to find out so we can prepare the baby room for the specific gender. Can't wait!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Are you finding out the gender?

• We found out with DD and we will find out with this LO too. I can't wait!
  • Yes! We found out the first time and there is no way I could wait. I'm a little type A about things. We won't be buying as much this time around but dear lord if it is a girl, watch out. I should probably start budgeting, just in case.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagepolitelypink:
    I know we are still a while away from finding out the gender of our LOs, but are you planning on finding out? DH and I would like to find out so we can prepare the baby room for the specific gender. Can't wait!
    That exactly. I dont want a neutral room. If its a girl I want to be able to add some girlie things and vice versa.
  • We are going to try on be team green.
  • I don't want to find out the gender but so far DH says he does - and he can't keep a secret!  I'd rather be surprised in the delivery room and with all gender neutral stuff I won't have to buy a ton for a future child.  But, if it's a girl I will go crazy after she's born I'm sure!
  • We are waiting. I am Type A, too, but I can plan everything I need to without knowing the gender. I have always dreamed of that big reveal moment in the delivery room. I want to do a gender neutral room and add masculine or feminine touches after birth.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes!  We found out with DD and I don't think I would be able to stand not knowing.  Plus, it will be nice to know if DD's clothes will work for the new baby or if I will need all new boy stuff.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Too impatient and too much of a control freak to not find out. DH and I might be one and done (yeah, we'll see how long that lasts..), so we want to go all the way just in case we don't do this again.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Lena122Lena122 member
    I don't like surprises, especially when I know a suprise is coming, so we'll find out. Personally I don't really see the benefit to waiting but that's just me.
  • DH says he wants to find out, but not tell anyone!!!! I don't think I can handle that (I'm having a hard enough time not blurting that I'm pregnant to anyone who will listen, lol), so if he sticks to his guns, I may have to not find out and make him keep it a secret from me too!!
    ~Adrienne~ 

Elias Jonathon, born Feb 2012
    Baby Girl due Mar 2015
  • We found out the sex with DS and we will this time. I loved being able to speak to my baby in utero and say, "Hi, baby boy," etc...I felt like I bonded so well with him- not saying team green can't be cool, too. It's just not for me. I wanted to buy things and decorate and be as prepared as possible. There are already a bajillion surprises during labor and birth, lol, I figured this is one less thing I need to wonder about!

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• noryangnoryang member
    Without question. We both want to know as soon as possible. Although DH doesn't want to talk names until we know.... Boo to THAT.
    Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• DH always said there was no way we would find out, then I casually brought up the fact that we would have to wait until October to find out. He was like, "What? That's so far away!" I guess that notion went out the window...YES, we will be finding out!Stick out tongue
  • We're definitely Team Green -- even if I have to remind the staff at the OB's office every prenatal visit. We want a gender-neutral nursery and baby-clothes regardless, so knowing in advance doesn't seem to do much for us!
    ---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I found out with DS. That idea of waiting never ever occurred to me. I thought for a minute that I might want to be team green this time around, even though DH definitely doesn't. But the more I think about it, the more I want to know NOW, lol
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Yes! DH and I are both way too impatient to wait 9 whole months to find out! Plus I want to be able to do a gender specific room, clothes, etc.

After 2 1/2 years TTC, 3 IUI's, endo, and a lap, a surprise BFP brought us Alexandra Marie!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yep.  We're impatient :P

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 5.31.2011 ~*~ Michael Joseph ~*~ BORN 2.8.2012
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We will. The main reason is that I have a 3.5 yr old son who will probably annoy the cr*p out of us asking if it is a boy or girl. Plus, we don't want him to be let down if it is one or the other....we're hoping to find out the gender around 14 weeks so we can tell our son "You're having a baby brother" or "You're having a baby sister" without even getting in to the guessing game.
  • We will absolutely be finding out as soon as possible!! Can't wait!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Absolutely!  As awesome as it would be to have it be a surprise, the planner in me has to know as soon as possible!
    imageimage
  • minteamintea member
    We're finding out. DH talked me into when he said that it is surprise one way or another, you just have to decide when you want to be surprised! I figure I will have enough surprises on birthday that I want to stretch them out an add one to a regular old weekday! :)

DD #1: 2012; MMC: 2014; DD #2: 2015; It's a boy! 3/31/2018

• Without a doubt! I can't wait for things. I have zero patience. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"