Pregnant after IF
Options

New Here

Hi Ladies I am new to the bump and concieved my little bean through an FET cycle. We are in limbo weaning off the re and just started seeing my high risk Dr. Is any one else taking pio shots and coping well with them I am so bruised and swollen I ice and use use a heating pad after but it starting to become unbearable any tips?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New Here

• Options
    Congrats and welcome! No tips from me on the PIO - my butt still hurts from doing those darn things.
    ? We can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise if we have waited in the darkness... ?

12/99 - Miscarriage at 12w - 6/08 - BFP - Miscarriage at 8w, 9/08 - BFP - Miscarriage at 8w2d, 12/08 - Found out I am a carrier of a Balanced Translocation between Chromosomes 8 & 16, 8/2010 - DE IVF = FAIL. 12/18/10 - Surprise BFP! Awaiting our Sticky Miracle! 12/20 - Beta #1-1208 * 12/27 Beta #2 - 6002 1/3/11 Beta #3 - 17,146. Beautiful little heart beating away! Stick little one, stick!

♥ Brielle Skye born August 17th, 2011 ♥ Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Congratulations on your BFP!

I stayed on PIO until 9 weeks and then switched to crinone. I found a heating pad before and afterwards helped. Those shots are rough though, hang in there!

TTC #1 since 03/09 Dx Unexplained
    Jan to April 2010 - Clomid - All BFN
    June 2010 - IVF - BFN
    Oct 2010 - FET #1 - BFN
    Dec 2010 - endometrial biopsy
    Jan 2011 - Surprise BFP! - m/c at 6w5d
    March 2011 - FET #2. Thawed 11 Day 1 embryos; 5 'exploded' / possible lab error?
    ET 4/2/11 transferred 1 blast & 1 morula
    Beta#1 10dp5dt =81; Beta#2 12dp5dt =222 Beta#3 16dp5dt =1337
    It's a BOY!!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats and welcome!

No advice it just hurts! I stopped PIO at 9 weeks and I still have some nerve damage, good luck.

4 Clomid cycles BFN's,3 injectible cycles BFN, 3 failed IUI's
    Hystroscopy to remove cysts 11/2010
    IVF #1 with ICSI Graydon Dane born Oct. 23, 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks.
    Surprise BFP 10/9/12. Blighted ovum at 8wks. D&C 11/1/12.
    Surprise BFP#2 TWINS!!! Boy/Girl twins.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mrs. MoMrs. Mo member

Welcome !

I stopped PIO when I hit the 10 week mark. I would put ice on the spot before and then immediately use a heating pad on it after. Also, making sure the muscles were not flexed or no weight on that side seemed to help. Ex: if I was injecting it into my left butt cheek, I would lay sideways on my right side so that no pressure was on the left side.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    etoyamaetoyama member
    Congrats and welcome! I'm afraid I don't have any great advice for making PIO better :( hopefully you can get off of it soon!
  • Options

Congrats and welcome! 

Unfortunately I don't have any advice for the PIO injections either. 

• Options
    Thank you ladies. I cannot wait to be done with these shots.
  • Options
    ej708ej708 member

Congrats and welcome!

Our IVF miracles arrived on 7/20/11 at 37 weeks after 3 weeks of hospital bedrest! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers "Stubbornly persist, and you will find that the limits of your stubbornness go well beyond the stubbornness of your limits." ~Robert Brault
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"