February 2012 Moms

This is gonna be a long wait!

I just called to make my first appt. and they don't want to see me until 12 weeks! They said they will wait until then to do bloodwork, exam and ultrasound. It should take about 45 minutes. I don't know what I am going to do with myself until July 11th!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: This is gonna be a long wait!

• I'd go insane! My dr wanted to come in tomorrow, but I can't until Thursday. Then I go in at 6-7 weeks for a u/s. Then monthly appts from there.
  • Dude.  If I were you, I'd be marching down there to at least have bloodwork done ASAP! 
    Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not much sooner than you - July 1.  I was hoping for week after next!  They didn't even mention an U/S when I called.  :( 
    July '15 January Siggy - snow fails
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker

• imageAustinBride06:
    Dude.  If I were you, I'd be marching down there to at least have bloodwork done ASAP! 

Really? I asked if I needed to have bloodwork done now and she said not until that first appt. Of course if I have bleeding or cramping, I will go in earlier.

• bfernzbfernz member
    Really?! I'm getting the impression that this has to do with regulations or procedures of the states people live in? Also, whether or not any difficulties are expected? I would have a hard time waiting myself, but hopefully the summer will be a good distraction.  Until then you can bump and at least you'll know what to expect as others go for their appts. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imageMackalack:
    I'm not much sooner than you - July 1.  I was hoping for week after next!  They didn't even mention an U/S when I called.  :( 

I'm glad I am not the only one who has to wait a long time. It seems like everyone gets to go by at least 8 weeks. At least by then I will hopefully be past the scary stage and can start telling more people.

• imagenickelpickelpink:

imageAustinBride06:
    Dude.  If I were you, I'd be marching down there to at least have bloodwork done ASAP! 

Really? I asked if I needed to have bloodwork done now and she said not until that first appt. Of course if I have bleeding or cramping, I will go in earlier.

I would maybe look into a new doctor then. The 1st trimester is a looooong wait WITH doctor appts and pregnancy confirmations. I couldn't imagine going through it without that reassurance.

• imagelawmom2be:
    imagenickelpickelpink:

imageAustinBride06:

I would maybe look into a new doctor then. The 1st trimester is a looooong wait WITH doctor appts and pregnancy confirmations. I couldn't imagine going through it without that reassurance.

This.  I don't want to scare you, but I'm really glad that I had weekly doctor appts and ultrasounds starting at 5 weeks.  In my case, waiting until 12 weeks would have been even more devastating than it already was.  But then I'm looking at things now from a PGAL standpoint.  Chances are, you don't have anything to worry about.  This time around, I'm not seeing the doctor until after 7 weeks (because I'm going out of town the week before) but I'm probably going to call and ask to come in for another round of hCG quantifying bloodwork next week before my trip

Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
  • Nah, mine is July 6th, same thing as yours-U/S, bloodwork, exam, etc. I think it's pretty standard if you are not at high risk for anything. But it is a long wait. I just keep thinking of any questions I might have and writing them down so I don't forget.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepennyandandy:
    Nah, mine is July 6th, same thing as yours-U/S, bloodwork, exam, etc. I think it's pretty standard if you are not at high risk for anything. But it is a long wait. I just keep thinking of any questions I might have and writing them down so I don't forget.

Ok, this makes me feel better. I really like my midwife and don't want to change. I would love to go in sooner, but it sounded like it was pretty standard for their office to wait that long. I just hope everything goes well until then. Thanks for all the input everyone! And keep us updated on your appointments so I know what to look forward to!Big Smile

• imagepennyandandy:
    Nah, mine is July 6th, same thing as yours-U/S, bloodwork, exam, etc. I think it's pretty standard if you are not at high risk for anything.

This is what I thought too.  I'm a little nervous about what could happen in the next 4 weeks, but I'm just trying to stay positive.

July '15 January Siggy - snow fails
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker

• imageMackalack:

imagepennyandandy:
    Nah, mine is July 6th, same thing as yours-U/S, bloodwork, exam, etc. I think it's pretty standard if you are not at high risk for anything.

This is what I thought too.  I'm a little nervous about what could happen in the next 4 weeks, but I'm just trying to stay positive.

Yes! Staying positive is key right now. I find myself getting so nervous about what could happen. Although, I know I really can't change anything...

• Yikes, I'd be going nuts too!  But you're right to look on the bright side and think positive thoughts.
  • So literally mid reading this post I jumped up and called to make my first prenatal appt and the first opening they have is July 5! Grrrr... I can't believe I have to wait 5 more weeks. I am on new insurance this time around and am already bummed I can't see the same OB I had and loved with DS :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• I go in for bloodwork and see the nurse on June 15th but I don't get to see my OB until July 7th! I'll be 10 weeks by then, it does seem like forever away! But don't stress, I'm sure everything will be fine :)
  • My first appt is at 10 weeks and that is July 5th. She said I can come in to confirm but really it would be the same thing as poas. She said of course if I have any cramping or bleeding to call and come in.

In all honestly, it is a long ways away but I kind of like it. With my first I went in to early and they told me I had a blighted ovum and wanted to do a d&c. well they were wrong and luckily I didn't schedule the d&c. The dates were just off bc I didn't have regular periods.

Don't worry we can call pull through the long wait together ;) 

• I agree with AustinBride06. I still haven't been able to call my OB yet (which is on my to do list tomorrow), but it does seem extreme with someone having a PgAL mentality. But from my understanding, it's fairly common to have to wait that long. 
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • It is a good thing that you get to wait until 12 weeks.  I have one at 8 weeks, but it is only because of my 2 m/c before DD, low progesterone and Clomid popping history.  Relax, it will be here before you know it!  Besides, you can always POAS for reassurance.  I know I did weekly until I got my first appt with DD. Embarrassed
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My doctor won't see me until 8-9 weeks, which is the end of June. Same as last time. Then he'll do a check up and an US.

If I remember correctly, you can't hear a HB until around then, so going in earlier is often stressful if you can't hear anything. He doesn't draw betas, just does a urine test (which he says is the same as what you can buy).

Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ladies, you all made me feel so much better! It seems so far away, but I am glad we are all in this together! Keep us all updated on your appointments!!
  • Sorry you have to wait so long!! That will be a nerve-wracking wait!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"