Trouble TTC

Do you chart?

I've been using Fertility Friend for the past 8 or so months to chart my temps, CM, OPKs, etc, but I'm wondering - now that I'm about to start my first Clomid/IUI cycle - if charting will still be useful.  Do you ladies chart?  Have you seen any difference in your temps with medicated cycles?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
TTC Since April 2010
Dx: Hypothyroid, High FSH, Low progesterone, Blocked left tube
BFP 5-2-11; m/c 5-9-11
July 2011: 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #1 (7/13) + Progesterone = BFP!!
EDD: 4/04/12
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Do you chart?

• I was wondering the same thing. I start my Clomid tonight. I did start temping this morning but I wasn't sure if it matters. I use a CBEFM as well but I think the clomid can mess with that.
    TTC since 2006
    Me: 36 DH: 40
    DH dx azoospermia My dx: RA & AMA
    d-IUI's--6/10, 7/13 & 8/4: all BFN
    d-IVF#1--Lupron/Menopur/Bravelle/Novarel; mini-dose protocol
    ER: 10/25--18R; 14F; ET: 10/28--3dt of 2 embies; 3 blasts frozen
    + HPT 11/4; Beta #1--14dp3dt: 441; Beta #2--21dp3dt: 9298
    One beautiful jelly bean growing! Saw h/b on 11/28 and 12/5!!!
    P/SAIF welcome
    <a href="http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/mandalinn/?action=view
  • katib77katib77 member

Some people feel that on medicated cycles their charts are more wonky and hard to read.  Also if you are being properly monitored on climid and doing an IUI that it's not like you need to chart. 

That being said, for me it's a habit and a comfort.  I still see an obvious temp spike when I O off the trigger and just mark my "insemination" instead of sex for the day of the IUI.  You can look at my chart at the link attached.  Since I have not updated it yet today with the start of cd1 and AF, it shows my IUI cycles that just ended this morning.  I mainly do it on IUI cycles because I always get a temp drop before AF so even on an IUI cycle I can at least have a little time to prepare my mental state to either see the BFN or get AF.  I'd like to think one day I'll just keep seeing those high temps.

Good luck to you on your treatment cycle!

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • I didn't chart on my last clomid cycle. I was monitored for the cycle, but regardless of monitoring, my RE missed O, so it would have been helpful to have charted. We stopped having sex too soon, thinking that we were good, but we stopped 4 days too early.

I would keep charting, it's just another way to confirm O.

• No.  I find it to be less stressful not to chart.  Plus I don't want to find myself questioning every/anything my RE does.

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• imageCluckyEV:
    No.  I find it to be less stressful not to chart.  Plus I don't want to find myself questioning every/anything my RE does.

This. I stopped charting once we started treatment. Charting stressed me out. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 2009 with unexplained infertility
    IUI#1-4 Jan.-Apr. 2011 = BFNs
    IVF#1 Aug. 2011 = c/p, FET #1 Nov. 2011 = c/p, FET #2 April 2012 = BFP!
    Beta #1 = 153, Beta #2 = 269, Beta #3 = 675
    1st U/S = TWINS!! EDD 12/29/12
    my blog: Journey to Somewhere
    ~~PAIFW/SAIFW~~
    Photobucket
    April IVF Spring Chicks

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've never charted.  When we were first trying I didn't really now what charting was.  We've been seeing a RE for the last year so I don't feel the need to start charting now.  I think if I charted I would just drive myself crazy.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I temped through my clomid cycles and didn't really see any big differerence at all, though I've heard with some people it can mess with temps.  It shouldn't really be necessary if you are being monitored, but I am a control freak and couldn't let go of my thermometer.

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• I chart, but only starting around day 11 until the temp rise, and then the last couple days of the cycle to watch for a temp dip.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • My RE said I could if I wanted to but since I was being monitored so closely it wasn't necessary. She said the Clomid shouldn't mess with temps too much, it's the trigger shot and progesterone that she said usually mess with temps/make charts "pretty." If you aren't doing either of those and/or you want to take a charting break, go for it!
    Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • I charted for YEARS (first to TTA then TTC), but I found once I started Femara, my temps were higher and with all the monitoring, I put it down. It's a little bit stressful to not chart but its kind of cool seeing it all on the u/s, etc and knowing my body is doing it's thing without my watching it.
    imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kelnyckelnyc member
    Since I don't trigger and O pretty early on femara, I chart until I confirm O (with +OPKs and temp shift), then I stop (with the occassional outlier here and there just to see). It has been very freeing actually! I stopped temping last summer because we moved across the country and that was a HUGE mistake! The stress had delayed my O by a mile and I had no clue what was going on. That's why I still do it up until O and then quit. HTH!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"