Pregnant after a Loss

Still feels weird to talk about pregnancy

People at work are starting to find out (not by my decision) but my co-workers like to gossip and word gets around fast. Funny thing is  most of them haven't said anything to me, but I know they know. The ones that do come up and ask me, ask me the usual "how are you feeling?" and "any names picked out?" etc... You know, the fun questions. 

Well after having 3 m/c's and having a SCH with this pregnancy, I'm just thankful to get day to day, week to week. "No random co-worker, I'm not thinking of names, I'm just grateful to hear the hb on the doppler today." I'm finding it really hard to talk about it with random people. The co-workers I am closer with, I don't have as much as a problem talking to them about it. Agghhh! I am so not ready to talk about it yet! 

Re: Still feels weird to talk about pregnancy

• MrsAtchMrsAtch member

I'm about a week behind you and I get where you're coming from. My family was appalled at me that I wasn't going to share on facebook- because God forbid you don't share everything with everyone on facebook. 

I find that I have my good days and bad days. I swear if one more random person asks if we know what we're having I might scream.

How's your RLP today? 

After two losses, a rainbow arrived! DD born 11.5.11
    Dx with severe Asherman's syndrome after a botched PP D&C (pursuing med mal)
    Hysteroscopy Oct '13, not enough progress 
    Hysteroscopy Jan '14, given an end-of-the-road diagnosis
    Joined International Asherman's Association April '14 
    Not ready to give up yet.
    Hysteroscopy with Dr. Isaacson (an expert in the USA) 6.2.14: Good prognosis, at least 50% of cavity open.
    Repeat hysteroscopy scheduled with Dr. I on 6.16.14. Great progress. Unbenched!!!!
    Discussing actively TTC with DH after the heartache of the last year. We're both reeling.

Please, please, please. 
  • imageMrsAtch:

I'm about a week behind you and I get where you're coming from. My family was appalled at me that I wasn't going to share on facebook- because God forbid you don't share everything with everyone on facebook. 

I find that I have my good days and bad days. I swear if one more random person asks if we know what we're having I might scream.

How's your RLP today? 

Haha, yeah, facebook is the last thing I'm thinking about right now!

The RLP has been nicer to me today. Last night at work had a few more sharp twinges, but after resting today it feels much better. Don't know how I'm going to survive at work since it seems to get worse there!

I saw in the other post yours is still around? 

• Loading the player...
  • MrsAtchMrsAtch member
    imagehopefulelise:
    imageMrsAtch:

How's your RLP today? 

The RLP has been nicer to me today. Last night at work had a few more sharp twinges, but after resting today it feels much better. Don't know how I'm going to survive at work since it seems to get worse there!

Yup. Going strong with a vengeance this afternoon. I am super hydrated but every time I move it seems to be happening. I am going to go to bed early I think. Are you feeling movement yet?  

After two losses, a rainbow arrived! DD born 11.5.11
    Dx with severe Asherman's syndrome after a botched PP D&C (pursuing med mal)
    Hysteroscopy Oct '13, not enough progress 
    Hysteroscopy Jan '14, given an end-of-the-road diagnosis
    Joined International Asherman's Association April '14 
    Not ready to give up yet.
    Hysteroscopy with Dr. Isaacson (an expert in the USA) 6.2.14: Good prognosis, at least 50% of cavity open.
    Repeat hysteroscopy scheduled with Dr. I on 6.16.14. Great progress. Unbenched!!!!
    Discussing actively TTC with DH after the heartache of the last year. We're both reeling.

Please, please, please. 
  • Sounds annoying. If you don't want to talk about it, I don't know what you can really do other than be incredibly blunt about your current situation--that ought to shut most people up.

I hope you have a few people who you do feel good talking about your pg with. I have desperately needed the support I've gotten from a couple of close friends who have also dealt with being PgAL.

BabyFruit Ticker}
  • That's annoying, I'm sorry you were outed before you were ready.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsAtch:
    imagehopefulelise:
    imageMrsAtch:

How's your RLP today? 

Yup. Going strong with a vengeance this afternoon. I am super hydrated but every time I move it seems to be happening. I am going to go to bed early I think. Are you feeling movement yet?  

No, don't think so. The past day or two I've felt like I've had like muscle twitching near or on my uterus, just really quick. I've read that it would feel like flutters or bubbles, and I'm definitely not feeling that. So I don't think it's movement but I have no clue!

How about you? 

• imagefightingravity:

Sounds annoying. If you don't want to talk about it, I don't know what you can really do other than be incredibly blunt about your current situation--that ought to shut most people up.

I hope you have a few people who you do feel good talking about your pg with. I have desperately needed the support I've gotten from a couple of close friends who have also dealt with being PgAL.

Yeah, there's not much I can do about since it's out there now. I've told my situation and how with my pgal mind, I'm just extremely nervous, so I hope that gets the point across. 

• Hi all.  I'm new to this blog.  We are trying to keep this pregnancy a secret as long as possible, which is good and bad.  I'm avoiding some of the insensitive questions and comments you are talking about, but not talking to anyone is hard, too.  My nerves are making it hard to get excited about this pregnancy.  Any milestone I hit I think, "yeah, I've been here before."  We had a loss at 21 weeks, and I'm worried I won't start to believe I'm actually pregnancy until I pass that point.  I want to be excited, but I'm so nervous all the time.  I guess I just wanted to vent to someone.  Thanks for listening!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"