September 2011 Moms
Options

Random Post, with a question and a slight vent.

I called my dad's parents today, to tell them about the wedding plans. While talking to my grandfather, he said that they would like to come out (they live in New Brunswick), but they can't afford it. The biggest reason they can't? They are still supporting my 42 year old, divorced-with-3-kids aunt. On top of that, they are also supporting my cousin (my aunt's oldest daughter), who has 2 kids, and is currently almost a week past due with her third. Plus they're raising my youngest cousin, who is 12.

I don't feel the least bit bad that I'm judging the fact that that my aunt and cousin need my grandparents to financially support them. Or for the fact that my aunt is so pathetic she can't raise her own kid. I could understnad my grandparents raising the kid, if my aunt had some serious issue that caused her to be unfit. But she doesn't, she's just lazy. She doesn't work, and spends all of her money on frivolous things, like getting her hair and nails done.

The only people I feel badly for in the situation are my grandparents, and my cousin's kids. My poor grandmother has been raising kids since she was 9 years old.

And now for my question. For the wedding I'll probably be wearing a short (knee-lenght maybe?) dress. My legs obviously need to be shaved or something, since I tend to end up looking like Chewbacca's long-lost half-human daughter if I go more than 2 days without shaving. The problem is, my poor legs are covered with little nicks from shaving. I want to try waxing, but I need to get an at-home kit.

Has anyone tried the Nair roll on, peel off stuff? I was thinking of trying that, but I wasn't sure how well it worked. Any other suggestions? I've tried Veet but that stuff doesn't work at all for me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Random Post, with a question and a slight vent.

• Options

A couple of weeks ago I tried the "Bliss Poetic" waxing kit because I had read tons of reviews on how well it worked. AND IT DID. I have tried a couple of other waxing kits when I was in high school and they never worked but this one really did. It is pricey though...$45. They have it at Ulta, but I think you are in Canada right? Not sure if they have Ulta there but you can order it online.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Options

That is really unfortunate about your aunt and cousin, I feel for your grandparents.

Every time I have tried waxing myself I chicken out and end up washing the wax off and have sticky residue for a few days lol.

~ Josh & Jill, married 5/2/09 ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We don't have Ulta here.

I can check other stores though...

I would just shave, but I am apparently incapable of doing it without causing myself minor injuries. Plus I ALWAYS miss spots.

And ya, it really sucks for my grandparents. I can be really hard on them (we have a difficult relationship), but on that subject I am 100% on their side, and I understand WHY they put up with so much crap.

• Options
    You could go retro and wear fishnets.  Then no one will see the knicks.  Might not work with a traditional dress though... maybe not the best suggestion.  I can't wait to hear more about your wedding.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageKatywren:
    You could go retro and wear fishnets.  Then no one will see the knicks.  Might not work with a traditional dress though... maybe not the best suggestion.  I can't wait to hear more about your wedding.  

That is an excellent suggestion... Hmmm. I'm definitly not going traditional, mostly because we're trying to keep it cheap. That might work...

Or I could wear pantyhose... I was planning on going bare legs... I have always hated wearing tights/pantyhose.

• Options

I totally feel you on the hating pantyhose. 

Sometimes I wear thigh highs instead (depending on dress length) because for me, the part that really annoys me is having to fix them every time I pee, having the crotch part not fit right, etc. Depending on why you hate them, this could work?

Also, another thing I am embarrased to admit to---when I was 13, for my bat-mitzvah I was not a skilled leg-shaver. So my mom did it for me. Dont know if you'd consider letting a friend, your fiance, or mom help you the morning of/day before if you are worried about nicks and stuff.

No advice on the waxing/nair part, sorry.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

This is going to require some thought.

And possibly knowing what dress I'm going to wear.

Or. I could just say "screw it" and show up in jeans. There is no law that says you MUST get married in a dress.

Aside from mom-law that is. My mother would probably cry if I told her I was going to wear jeans. Especially since she offered to buy my dress.

• Options
    ac5008ac5008 member
    Lately Ive been hearing everyone doing sugaring instead of waxing. Ill be honest, I have NO clue how that even works ... but might be worth a google? 

Love is multiplied: DS #1: 1.5.99 ~ DS #2: 9.23.11 ~ DD 8.29.13

m/c 11/12/12 - sleep tight baby bean.

Bitty Baby #4, please stick around - we already love you so very much!

Ultrasound 11/4 - TWO HEARTBEATS!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I thought sugaring was a kind of waxing?

Can you tell I'm not exactly a girly-girl?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"