May 2011 Moms

Had my baby! Team Green turned Team...

Pink!

Our daughter Hazel Anne was born Sat the 28th at 9:21 am at 40 weeks and 4 days.

Brief birth story:  I started having painful contractions that woke me from my sleep around 3:00 am that morning.  Timed them and they were coming about 12 min apart.  Woke DH up around 4 to let him know.  They continued to get closer together and more intense, so we decided to make the call to my OB.  She advised to come into the hospital once they were 6 min apart.  I hopped in the shower and they seemed to be coming one on top of the other, and super intense.  I told DH we need to go NOW- we left for the hospital around 6:15 am and arrived at 6:30.  I was 5 cm and 100% in triage and was admitted.  After having my IV placed and running a bag of fluids through it, I was able to get my epi.  OB came in to check me and I was 9 cm 0 station.  She broke my water since it hadn't on it's own at that point, to make sure the fluid was clear (it was) and get the baby to drop down.  Shortly thereafter I was ready to push- and after 10 min of pushing she was here!

Pic(s) to come soon.

edited to add:  she was 8 lbs 10 oz and 23 inches long!  I suffered a 2nd degree tear which isn't bothering me much at all, my recovery so far has been awesome and WAY easier than with DS.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Had my baby! Team Green turned Team...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"