2nd Trimester
Options

Hate gaining weight!!

I know there are a lot of people who can't stand weight posts.  If you are one you probably should stop reading now.  I had my 20 week appointment this week and I had gained 13 pounds already.  I started off 5'4'' and 130 pounds.  I understand that I am going to gain weight.  I get that.  But watching the numbers on the scale go up really freaks me out.  I must weight myself in order to know I am not gaining too much.  I eat when I am hungry, usually pretty healthy.  But I also give into cravings from time to time.  Is anyone else having issues with gaining weight??
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hate gaining weight!!

• Options
    YES! I DESPISE gaining weight! I know that it is necessary but it's no fun for me. I hate seeing the numbers on the scale going up every time I do to the Dr. too. I have been working out at the gym religiously and taking our two dogs on walks and trying to eat healthy. It's finally getting hot here and I dont fit into anything. I feel like a total blobasauraus. It's not stopping me from eating like a toal pig though.....
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options

Right there with you.  Unfortunately, I'm always hungry!  I've tried to go down to 1 breakfast a day ;)  I'm already at 19 lbs at 26 weeks...ugh.  Unfortunately it looks like I'm headed for more than a 25+ weight gain.   

But luckily I look back at my pics with DS when he was less than 6 months and see that I worked it off pretty fast.

But it doesn't help that hubby, says about my weight "yeah...that's kind of a lot"... 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I do-- I have a long (15 year) history with an eating disorder and have done inpatient treatments. The disorder robbed me of my ability to get pregnant without fertility treatments, and I resent it for that...but I still hate seeing the weight go up. Its like I'm torn between the two healthy babies i want so desperately and the little monster I've always battled. But I'm having a daughter and I'm committed to not passing m issues on to her.

I made a deal with my DH-- I will put on the weight and follow the Dr's orders to the T in exchange when the babies are here-- I get to have a personal trainer to get me back into my size 2s. I still struggle with it, but knowing it is only temporary definately helps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The weight gain doesn't bother me so much. It's the stretch marks & the swelling that bothers me the most. However, I've decided to give my body what it needs to support my baby & this pregnancy. I let the weight come on. As long as I'm eating well & staying active, I can be confident that I'm doing the right thing for me & my baby. I'll lose whatever amount I've gained after delivering my baby. Keeping this attitude helps me to feel better about getting bigger than I've ever been in my entire life :-) 

Whoever heard of a skinny pregnant woman anyway? LOL Getting bigger is a great thing when you're pregnant! Just my two cents. 

pregnancy calendar BabyName Ticker
  • Options

imageSpringer30:
    YES! I DESPISE gaining weight! I know that it is necessary but it's no fun for me. I hate seeing the numbers on the scale going up every time I do to the Dr. too. I have been working out at the gym religiously and taking our two dogs on walks and trying to eat healthy. It's finally getting hot here and I dont fit into anything. I feel like a total blobasauraus. It's not stopping me from eating like a toal pig though.....

I feel exactly like this... I've been using a food tracker to keep me from eating too much junk.  Some days it's easier than others.

• Options
    ugg yes!  I thought I had been doing so well, and I was feeling really good.  I don't have a scale at home, and so I was only getting weighed at the office.  Each time the numbers were fine.  I even lost some weight at one point.  Then at my 24 week appointment....BAM  I had a huge weight gain.  I have now gained 20 lbs total!  I freaked out.  I couldn't believe it.  Other than that my boobs  and belly are clearly huge, I really didn't think I had gained any where near that.  It was a huge shock and really upset me for a while.  I try to eat no added sugar except for a small bit of ice cream for dessert.  But I am always hungry.  My MW said I need to slow down the gaining but I have no idea how it suddenly got to that.  Im still really upset about it.  Im with you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know exactly how you feel.  I'm 16 weeks and have already gained 14 lbs.  My m/w hasn't said anything about my weight gain other to say everyone gains differently - some gain more at the beginning and less at the end and other's gain less at the beginning and more at the end.  I gained 12 lbs during my 1st tri so I'm thinking it'll slow down a bit now that I can eat more protein - I was only able to eat carbs in the 1st tri.  I'm working out and trying to eat healthy but it's definitely hard to do when all I crave is pizza, ice cream and sweets.  Hang in there!  It's only temporary!
    Daisypath baby
  • Options

Yeah I started at 140 (took me three months to lose 30lbs.) and am now probably at 170.  I'm 5'3". But  I swear it's all baby and boobs cause I can still fit in size 10 maternity shorts.  This time with my other two boys, I was in size 16 and XL shirts!  So, I'm totally not bumming as much as I was before.  I know I can lose it quickly after the baby is born.  : )

My Mom, however, feels like I've gotten bigger. DUH MA!  I'm pregnant! LOL!!  I think sometimes she forgets what it was like being pregnant.  I just laugh it off.  : ) 

BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Options

I also hate gaining weight, having lost 70 pounds three years prior to getting pregnant.  I immediately- between weeks 4 and 8- gained 13 pounds. I saw a nutritionist who gave me guidance as far as how much weight I should try to gain etc... I have now gained about 15, and am trying to keep my gain under 30 lbs. but I am trying to not get too stressed about it.  I can't wait to go back on WW and am thinking of signing up for a half marathon next spring.  I was running but then I broke my little toe last week. 

I love the idea of standing on the scale backwards. Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm with you there! Although I'm trying not to stress about gaining weight, I weighed myself this morning and am already at 150 (started at 137) at 19.5 weeks.  My plan was to stay between 155-160 and I'm starting to fear I won't.  It's my fault though because unlike many of the other moms on here, I haven't been eating healthy except for my fruit.  All veggies taste terrible to me and I'm having a hard time eating meat which leaves cookies, breads, startches, etc.  I have been active (not working out active, but staying busy) and walking with my hubby for about 40 minutes 3 times a week but that's obviously not enough.  Today I packed some healthier snacks for lunch and am determined to get control of this.  I'm not a young one anymore and I know my body won't snap back like it did when I was 25 so....

I say all that to say, I'm fine with the way my body looks and gaining the right amount of weight the right way for my baby.  I feel good about how I look right now but it's so hard to look at that number on the scale and not freak out, especially when I know I'm hitting the ice cream and  cookies.  You girls have motivated me to take better care of myself and if the pounds come after I have eaten nothing but healthy, then so be it!

• Options
    At 20 weeks 13 lbs doesn't seem that bad. A healthy weight gain is 25-35 lbs throughout the pregnancy. I'd just make sure what you are eating most of is relatively healthy.  I haven't gained much yet (about 4 lbs), but of course my appt next week might tell me different!
  • Options
    You REALLY helped to put me at ease with this blog!!! It's so nice to be in like company... every person I come into contact with exaggerates my size with questions like "HOW far along are you" or "are you SURE it's not twins in there" or the shouts of "WOW! You're pretty big for 3mos" I try to laugh it off and take it all with a grain of salt... my OB says I'm doing great... at 15 weeks pregnant I've gaines 6lbs. I started out 137lbs and 5'6" ish tall... now I'm 143 on average (it always flux a little based on water retention). My hubby was worried too at first because I am very round in the belly... but he's starting to see that I really carry all of my weight in the belly and butt and so he thinks it's cute now! But no matter how hard you try... the constant commentary from the peanut gallery starts to wear on you after awhile!   
  • Options
    mama31mama31 member
    I am right there with you.  Gained one pound as of my 16 week appt.  Then at 20 weeks I was up 9 more pounds.  Gained 4 more since 20 weeks.  I wish it would slow down too.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"