Cincinnati Babies

Help me hide some vegetables!

I need some suggestions for getting Fin to eat veggies again! I make jambalaya and can throw some in there, but he won't eat mac and cheese, and I am not sure what else to make and sneak veggies into :)

Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
Baby Sister is coming soon!

Re: Help me hide some vegetables!

• Spaghetti?
    Pasta salad?

I'll think on it!

image Momma to Ms. C age 16 months and Mr. C age 3 months!
  • Squash in pasta

Sweet potato puree in pancake batter

Spinach smoothies

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Loading the player...
  • The caterer at our daycare follows a lot of recipes from Jessica Seinfeld's book and uses veggie purees in a lot of stuff. When my son was younger we made tons of zucchini bread, zucchini/carrot muffins, zucchini/carrot pancakes, etc. I tweaked the recipes to make them a little healthier...brown sugar, applesauce instead of oil, etc.
  • Audrey will eat any veggies in soup form. I know it is super messy but it works. spinach, cabbage, squash, anything as long as it is in soup form. We also make risotto with veggies in it. Will he eat a pita "pizza" with veggies on it? maybe quesadilla with roasted veggies in it.
  • imageJessica&Brett:

...but he won't eat mac and cheese...

I thought Jacob was the ONLY child on the planet to refuse mac and cheese.

• My DD loves pasta. So I toss anything and everything into pasta like tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, spinach, and she even at black olives this weekend for the first time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTtimes3:
    imageJessica&Brett:

• imageTtimes3:
    imageJessica&Brett:

Ava does if it is boxed (like Annie's Mac).  She will only eat the super yummy homemade fattening kind... not that she has to worry about that, but it's definitely not something I should be making/eating.

• DD loves muffins, so I make pumpkin muffins and add purees as the moisture in the recipe, and then grate up more veggies and put those in as well.
  • I have used some of the recipes off of Weelicious.  I also will add diced veggies to meatballs, spaghetti sauce, meatloaf, stuffed shells, etc. 
  • There is a whole series of recipes for sneaking veggies in.  Try the sneaky chef books. 
    Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"